By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Share Slide Shows Wii May Lose Ground to PS3, Xbox

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=a6NcDuDu_xTI&refer=japan Any nin share owners, you selling ?

Around the Network

Man, that's quite a stretch. Nintendo aren't worried about anything.

The thing I noticed most about the article?

They had to explain what a DS is.

What the hell is with that?

No intention of selling.

Any article that mentions "Scene-it" automatically gets filed as trash.

Oh yeah, some of the 'analysts' have had an underperform rating while the shares have climbed over 200%. Like I'm going to trust their word.

This might be Bloombergs worst article ever.

Did they not just report Nintendo's market capitalization go from $51 billion in late June to $61 billion in mid July to $73 billion just a few weeks later? It was on course to become the 3rd largest company in Japan and should be there as of 3 weeks ago.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

No intention of selling.

Any article that mentions "Scene-it" automatically gets filed as trash.

Oh yeah, some of the 'analysts' have had an underperform rating while the shares have climbed over 200%. Like I'm going to trust their word.

Well said Fishy. 

So far how many Analysts have correctly predicted the market to date?

Not very many because they're not videogame analysts they're market analysts and only see videogames as a high tech gadget that is something like a toaster you put near your TV; they do not have the understanding of the industry to see that many of the largest publishers in the world will not wait around for very long for the PS3 or XBox 360 to build an adequate userbase.

Next year at this time as Nintendo accounts for 25% of all videogame software sold, and Nintendo hardware has 70% of all software sold they will be talking about how Nintendo shares have risen by 50% over the year and it is now overpriced ...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

They just re-iterate everything that has been said about Nintendo and their products since 2004. If you didn't listen to them back then, there is no reason to listen to them now.

Rockband... Really?
Pay $280-500 for your console, plus $200 for the full Rockband experience?
That is definitely going to move systems...
I hardly think it will sell to the existing base.

MS sure is going to move systems with a board game...

Now, onto the DS-Wii comparison.
People didn't get bored of the DS. Compelling Software kept coming. Still hasn't stopped selling. Thats basically it.

I guess it will take 2 years to make people believe in the Wii. Then again, there are people who still doubt the DS...

All I heard was yet another version of "At unforseen date ____ in the future, the Wii will stop selling". Nine months since launch, and the Wii just had its highest non-holiday NPD numbers yet. *Sigh* Maybe when the Wii hits 50 million units we'll stop hearing this...

And you just know that five years from now, every analyst will claim that they predicted the Wii's success and never doubted it for a minute. :p

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

killzone still hasn't learned anything.

the Wii is an epidemic.