By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the ps3 graphically moving ahead to fast? let's have a debate.

WiiStation360 said:
I think any graphical difference between the PS3 and 360 will never be large enough for the majority of people to notice/care.

Agreed.

Around the Network

@Dryden

I never said KZ2 was not a great looking game. I do notice the details, they are just not the huge leap above every other game on every other console that the fanatics are claiming.

KZ2 took things (as do most games) that were introduced by a lot of other games, stuffed them on a blu-ray disk over the last few years, then spit them out.

I would have rather they took a bit of the kicking up of the sand, the flowing smoke, the yadda yadda out and cut out the loading hiccups that are so annoying. Most of those little things do not make a difference to someone playing the game. I can not speak for you, but when I am playing, I am more interested in what is around the corner or behind the cover shooting at me than the sand pixils he/she is kicking up while running.

Lets put it this way.

You have  (insert your favorite hot chick here). I think it is more fun to F#ck her than to stare at the drop of sweat on her left temple. And I sure hope she knows how to F*ck and Fu^k well, because if she doesn't, I will not have as much fun as I would have had getting giggy with the only slightly less attractive (insert your 2nd favorite hot chick here) in the other room.

shock182 said:
@Dryden

I never said KZ2 was not a great looking game. I do notice the details, they are just not the huge leap above every other game on every other console that the fanatics are claiming.

KZ2 took things (as do most games) that were introduced by a lot of other games, stuffed them on a blu-ray disk over the last few years, then spit them out.

I would have rather they took a bit of the kicking up of the sand, the flowing smoke, the yadda yadda out and cut out the loading hiccups that are so annoying. Most of those little things do not make a difference to someone playing the game. I can not speak for you, but when I am playing, I am more interested in what is around the corner or behind the cover shooting at me than the sand pixils he/she is kicking up while running.

"or how opponents' movements are sometimes tipped off by the 20-foot tall shadows they might cast on the wall behind them,"

You'll know who's shooting at you in KZ2

After playing through the KZ2 campaign I was amazed at the graphics and the attention to detail. Its only when I started playing the multiplayer that I really saw a lot of the detail and was blown away even more. I still prefer Uncharteds style a little more though, a lot more color. That wouldn't work as well in Killzone though

Draven26 said:
After playing through the KZ2 campaign I was amazed at the graphics and the attention to detail. Its only when I started playing the multiplayer that I really saw a lot of the detail and was blown away even more. I still prefer Uncharteds style a little more though, a lot more color. That wouldn't work as well in Killzone though

I agree. I like the uncharted style better and am excited about 2.

Around the Network

ok i think its a wait and see approach
1. MS says there will be better looking games then killzone 2 on 360
2. tekken 6 producer says the graphically maxed out the 360
one of these are lieing

CGI-Quality said:
@ d21

I agree with you almost fully. The area we differ is with KZ2. Trust me, that demo does NO justice for the full game. Towards the end especially, is some of the greatest artwork I've EVER witnessed.

That said, I agree with the majority, the PS3 will probably stay ahead (graphically). It just won't destroy the 360, but it's games do/will look noticeably better.

My $0.02 :)

That is more or less my point with noticeably being the key word.

To some noticeably = OMGZERS 360 looks last gen

To others noticeably = well yeah, maybe this game does look a tiny bit better, can't really tell though.

Truth = it all depends on the game and the person.

CGI-Quality said:
@ shock

Go study HEAVY RAIN, google it, trust, it's not what you may think it is. And it's using 0 CGI, all of what you see is real time, my friend.

I looked at it some and it does look great, but from what I gathered it has a Dragons Lair play scheme. True or False?

shock182 said:

I'm not arguing your right to your opinion or trying to change your mind, just making the observation that all those extra smoke and dust and fire details do make the game "vastly superior" TO ME.

As for the snippet I left quoted above, I do not have an issue with the loading hiccups between objectives through the single player campaign. My feeling is that there was a small sacrifice paid for the sake of not having a manadatory install eating up many Gbs of hard drive space, and more importantly, there is none of that huge downer associated with bringing home a game, eagerly unwrapping it and being on the edge of your seat ready to dive in and play, only to have a pop-up occur upon inserting the disc advising you to go make yourself a sandwich while the game spends the next 20 minutes installing and patching itself. Those hiccups are completely restricted to objective switches in the single player campaign, do not occur during the course of actual gun battles, and last, at most, 2 or 3 seconds when they're at their worst. I simply don't see this being any sort of inconvenience, as it's essentially just a mechanism to 'pause' the current sequence while the next objective loads, but not throwing up a loading screen.

Different strokes for different folks.

@Dryden

We are in 100% agreement. Just different sides of the coin.