By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 Mythic map pack

I was wondering how many in this community went the high dollar Halo Wars route and got the Mythic maps. If you did get them, what are your impressions so far? I'm liking Orbital best atm. Sandbox is effin sweet too, a Forgeable base map on the ground, and two other realy nice Forge locations. I can't wait to see all of the cool shit that Halo fans are going to be making. I'm gonna have to upgrade to a bigger HDD because my kids are gonna go nuts making maps. The more I think of it Forge is a really cool feature. For all of the shit talk and Halo hate I see on here one thing is for sure, Bungie really looks out for their fans.

Around the Network

You have mythic? Oh, please tell me you can make race-tracks in the skybox of sandbox. Please please please, Mongoose races. Here we come!

Aside from that, how does the maps overall balance in your average slayer 4v4 match? Are they well balanced?

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Assembly is pretty lame, but I really like sandbox, and orbital is pretty sweet as well. However, if all they had released was sandbox it would still be amazing, the potential of that map is endless!

@Nightstriker
Well I just got done playing 3 games in a row on Sandbox and I had a blast. IMO the balance seems about typical of Halo maps, which I think is pretty good for most. I have yet to play a game on Assembly but I did do a quick little walk through last night and initially this is the map I liked the least. I got my ass handed to me on a few games on Orbital last night but that's not the maps fault, I like it.
I agree with Gergroy too that Sandbox alone does real well with all of the Forge potential. I have not messed with any of the maps on Forge so I can't answer about the mongoose racing.

My kids are currently forging on Sandbox. I'm surprised at how big it is. There also seems to be more items in the scenery inventory including a big 7-wood golf club that can be used like the gravity hammer. There's the "kill ball" too which is just this big glowing sphere that when come into contact with, well, kills you. I'm sure there will be some people using these kill balls to make cock and ball looking features on maps because two balls next to each other really looks the part as well as a pair of titts or even ass cheeks. You can also use teleporters to travel from one level (underground, surface and high in the sky) to another which I though was kinda cool.

Around the Network

i got the limited edition but i have not been able to download it the map pack yet because i dont have live:(
but dont worry ii will download it this weekend

@ dsister
The limited edition I got came with a 48 hr. Live trial code. Didn't yours? I mean I know it's only 48 hrs. but you could spend that 48 hrs. in Mythic map pack heaven.

no i only have dial up internet so i can get all the gold i want and it wiont do anything(btw i only use the map pack in lan partys)

I see.

Jagg-off said:
My kids are currently forging on Sandbox. I'm surprised at how big it is. There also seems to be more items in the scenery inventory including a big 7-wood golf club that can be used like the gravity hammer. There's the "kill ball" too which is just this big glowing sphere that when come into contact with, well, kills you. I'm sure there will be some people using these kill balls to make cock and ball looking features on maps because two balls next to each other really looks the part as well as a pair of titts or even ass cheeks. You can also use teleporters to travel from one level (underground, surface and high in the sky) to another which I though was kinda cool.

7 Wood?  Does that mean we can expect to find Halo Golf next?