By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Feb sales

where are they? I want to see how the systems did. And why did the sites front page numbers go up? I see not America numbers up.

Around the Network

Wii_gamer said: They're due in about a week...
Thank you sir.

Unless NPD decides to mess with everyone like they did last month - We should get the numbers next Thursday at 4:30 PM EST (around 1930GMT)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said: Unless NPD decides to mess with everyone like they did last month - We should get the numbers next Thursday at 4:30 PM EST (around 1930GMT)
You mean today ? in about 1 hour ? or thursday next week ?

March 15th, 2007 people. These numbers will cover February 3 - March 3 I believe. With the 5 week January (Dec 30- Feb 3), and short month of Feburary, that means March will actually cover March (the 3rd to the 31st), April will cover April (1st to the 28th)..etc. When it gets out of whack again, there will be more 5 week periods. Data comes two Thursday's after the period ends (except when NPD fucks around). Schedule looks like this.. January data - supposed to be out Feb 15, come out Feb 20 February data - March 15 March data - April 12 April data - May 12 There are many ways it could go after April I think...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Geez, what do they do, count sales by hand?

No. NPD has close relationships with various large retail chains, and smaller ones as well. They are able to obtain the sales data from each of these vendors, and total it up. They then extrapolate around 40% of their data according to what's left in the market.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.