By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

good sales for halo wars ...

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Around the Network
ramses01 said:
Squilliam said:
ramses01 said:
Squilliam said:
@ramses: The number given is usually $100k per team member per year of development.

That might be OK  for just HC cost, but for a fully loaded FTE that is very low for a F500 company.

Developers are in it for the love and not the money. $100k was an estimate given by a couple of developers on Beyond3d.com and that was backed up by the recent EA press releases regarding their layoffs. I divided the $ value they said they would save by $100k and it matched the number of employees they were shedding closely.  

We are using the same number.  ~100k for unloaded FTEs (i.e. salary, taxes, bennies, and stuff). However, it would be at least 50% more fully loaded, so 150K fully loaded, which is the number I was using.  Fully loaded is things like computers, office space, software licenses, management overhead, infrastructure, etc. 

Thats interesting, I may be wrong here then. I was using the 100k figure to include everything.

I just googled up this, so yes I am wrong here. My figure probably only applies to entry level artists/programmers etc as salaries/benefits would rise substantially with experience. 

http://gamecareerguide.com/features/266/are_you_in_demand_2006_game_.php?page=1

Can you share any more information on the total cost per developer from a corporate costing perspective?

Tease.

Smeags said:
Blacksaber said:
Thanks Smeags for WoW... also are you going to post a review on Sonic?

Oh most definitely. Hopefully I can find myself some time to give it a good playthrough. It's strange though, I'm a lot more excited to play this game than I was when I first bought Sonic Unleashed. Maybe it's the fact that Knuckles is in this one.

Why am I not surprised, lol?

Hmm, long time since I've seen a sales thread pop over 100.......KZ2 seems to be bringing some excitement back to this site (although quite a bit of it is negative bickering between "factions").

izaaz101 said:
Smeags said:
Blacksaber said:

Oh most definitely. Hopefully I can find myself some time to give it a good playthrough. It's strange though, I'm a lot more excited to play this game than I was when I first bought Sonic Unleashed. Maybe it's the fact that Knuckles is in this one.

Hmm, long time since I've seen a sales thread pop over 100.......KZ2 seems to be bringing some excitement back to this site (although quite a bit of it is negative bickering between "factions").

Perfect the Sega Faction shall rise again after the dust settles.....

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
izaaz101 said:
Smeags said:
Blacksaber said:

Perfect the Sega Faction shall rise again after the dust settles.....

Shh, keep it on the down low for now....soon we will arise again, along with Sega's new controller (and hopefully eventual console)...........but patience for now.

Around the Network
izaaz101 said:

Shh, keep it on the down low for now....soon we will arise again, along with Sega's new controller (and hopefully eventual console)...........but patience for now.

9/9/9

Anyways, I'm surprised it actually moved consoles. Very few games can do that these days in Europe/USA.

Can't wait for the USA numbers.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

one thing I noticed is the Halo Wars figures. They have to be off. Because there was more than 200,000 gamers online on Feb 27th. At least that what it showed on the game stats that night. Whats happened there? I think it was 239,000 or around that.

Good to see the PS3 get a small boost.

Good sales. Anything else to say?

The PS3 and X360 numbers are the most politically correct in quite some time.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

selnor said:
one thing I noticed is the Halo Wars figures. They have to be off. Because there was more than 200,000 gamers online on Feb 27th. At least that what it showed on the game stats that night. Whats happened there? I think it was 239,000 or around that.

Good to see the PS3 get a small boost.

Gamestats = worldwide.

This numbers = Others only =p?