By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tiger Woods '08 (Wii) = Boo!!

Galaki said:
the problem is that EA kept releasing franchise yearly. there isn't going to be much changes with such a short time.
on PC games point of view, it's like they are releasing patches and tweak some minor gameplay, except they charge you for a full priced game.

no kidding, by 2012, they'll be releasing Madden '13 by march, LOL

Around the Network

justrollit said:
car

book

we will continue the discussion when you see the difference in cars, books and video games. 

justrollit said:
@Galaki - no they charge the NEXT punter the full price for the game.
If Ford designs a new car and you buy it then the next year they bring out an upgraded model with different upholstery and a different shape to the front grill do you bitch and moan? Hell book publishers do it all the time, bring out a new edition with no extra content except a redesigned cover keeping it fresh.

EA did a print run with TW07, they want to keep the game on the shelf so the game buying public will still be providing profits to their company, so they do another print run. Except this time they fix a few bugs - this is a good thing. Don't expect to get a new car every year and not pay for it. Play the version you have until it is no longer fun, then buy the next version if it grabs you that way.

If they had produced a game in TW07 that was not playable at all or not fit for the use intended then they would have an obligation to provide an upgrade/fix. But that is not the case. They are basically just doing another print run to keep the franchise fresh and on the shelves.

JRI.

they are not keeping it fresh, i dont understand why they wouldnt have made major upgrades, with online etc surely they would of made more profit than a rehash.....

shams said:
johnsobas said:
the guy said the 08 version was better than 07, but they docked it because they barely improved it. Basically the same damn game.

That's the point. It is the same game. Its only had a 5 month dev cycle for heavens sake. Another "Boogie" of a game.

Why bother releasing anything?

EA had better pick up their game next year, if they want any sort of Wii market share.

So what's left now? My Sims? EA Playground?

At least My Sims looks sort of promising - but I won't be spending any money on EA titles until they lift their game considerably.
(this is sort of ironic, as we are working on a very-high profile EA title here at work... I think I can say - without being fired that is - that progress hasn't exactly been smooth... :P).

is that with ea brisbane shams? you care to share some info on what game it is and system etc?

I have a neighbor who works EA. Considering that the 07 version for the Wii was released late, so there was a much smaller dev cycle, and then compound that with the fact that the game made a transitional move from his office to the Florida office... I can see why this game was a minor upgrade.

I don't think they are expecting everyone who bought 07 to buy 08. EA did listen to some of the review complaints, and that's why they've changed the way the you control the club (hopefully for the better). I bought the 07 version, but I'm not buying the 08 version. On the other hand, if I had not bought the 07 version, I would undoubtedly be buying the 08 version.

I will probably rent the 08 version to see how the swing mechanics are. And to see what suggestions of mine they implemented. But before I buy another TWG, they'll need a course designer and online mode to share the courses and golf against others, full tournaments and rankings...oh wouldn't it be sweet to design an 18 hole golf course and then host your own tournaments with it? As more people vote for your course, you end up having more significant tournaments such as a masters at your course... that'd be cool. I think I'm going to suggest that to my neighbor.

Around the Network

What I don't understand is that we all know how EA is. How EA is one of the worst video game companies (probably THE worst) out there. We all know how EA makes its sequels (mainly EA Sports) every year. And yet we all get sucked into buying this garbage.

The last EA game I purchased for any console was Need for Speed: Most Wanted for the Gamecube. And for the pc was Sims 2: The Seasons expansion. That's it!

Now, I learned my lesson and in order for EA to learn their lesson we all have to learn ours and stay away from crap like this. This goes to all of EA's games and even other video game companies like Ubisoft and such.

This also goes out to all of the gaming consoles out there, NOT JUST THE WII! (Although the Wii has it pretty bad at the moment with all these ports)

Ok I'm done...

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

shams said:

Thanks EA - you have done it again. Why did you even bother with this? Why not skip the release, and roll the extra time into making real progress for next years version?

IGN review: http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/816/816464p1.html

All you need to know:

"This year’s Tiger Woods effort isn’t a letdown because of a lack of fluid controls or borderline broken swing tracking which – arguably – was the case last year. This time around it’s a compilation of issues that remain in Tiger’s overall Wii effort, as the game has improved only slightly over 07, and still feels like the PS2 version with a Wii-mote add-on. Golf is one of the easiest concepts to sell on Wii, and for some reason Tiger is the black sheep two versions running because it lacks any of the attention that its companion Wii games are getting from EA. There’s no Mii implementation, no online, no Party Mode or Wii-exclusive mini-game content, and nothing that really shows that EA is dedicating any thought, time, or effort into the franchise on Nintendo’s system that – quite frankly – is built perfectly for an amazing golf experience.

If you’re comparing Tiger 07 to 08, of course 08 is the better experience, but it’s still a far cry from what the franchise is capable of on Wii, and it’s pretty obvious that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 was a back-burner title for Nintendo’s console this year. In a perfect world, Tiger Woods 08 would automatically be sent out to all 07 owners free of charge as a version upgrade, as it’s pretty much the same game minus all the "launch-itis" flaws. We'd recommend this one to avid golf fans, but at this point it’d be a far better move to just wait for 09, 10, or beyond. Tiger is a perfect franchise for Wii; EA just needs to be notified."

Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
7.0 Presentation
Nearly identical to 07. Interface is clean and easy to use, and the amount of game modes and options is adequate. Compared to the extra stuff in FIFA, Live or Madden, though, it comes up lacking.
7.0 Graphics
Still unchanged from its predecessor, plain and simple. PS2-like in every respect.
6.0 Sound
Rehashed sound effects remind us again of 07. Nothing major has changed here.
7.5 Gameplay
An improvement all-around, but in small, subtle ways. Everything feels just a bit better. No added Mii implementation or Party Mode is missed, as is online.
7.5 Lasting Appeal
It's still a deep golf game, but the sports bar has been raised over the year. Online is missed, as is more attention to local multi-user play. Rehashed from last year…
Decent
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Conclusion: come back to us in 12 months time, when you have a real update for us. And pray that Ninty hasn't released Mario (or Mii) Golf in the meantime.

I've stated in a few posts now that I have officially boycotted EA's software lineup because of their complete disregard for the customer.  They are now shipping crap to customers -- literally -- because they can.  They have an exclusive with the NFL and obviously with Tiger and therefore they put no effort into the actual product.  They are hoping the franchise sells itself because of the names attached (NFL Roster and Tiger Woods).  Every version of Madden 08 was buggy and the Wii version was no different.  Rubbish.  Here's just another example of why I won't buy another EA game.  What arrogant SOBs they have become... 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I LOVE Wii golf, I have been waiting for a great golfing game on the Wii, looks like ill have to wait some more............friggin EA................

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

EA is officially off my list of ever reaching my top 10 favorite developers. They'll stand a better change when you hold the list upside down :P

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
EA is officially off my list of ever reaching my top 10 favorite developers. They'll stand a better change when you hold the list upside down :P

Ouch. 

Well I guess I could join the EA boycott but they don't have any games I'm interested in coming out anyways.