By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 (Aiming Lag) Videos.

Rpruett said:

I disagree.  The game has elements of almost every quality shooter I have played recently.  The game itself plays like a COD/First Person Gears of War.  The class system is reminiscent to Team Fortress but also COD4 with the progressive setup.

The simple fact about this game,  is that it's not a twitch shooter.  It's not a game that they wanted you to 'master' within a night of playing.  It's a game that the only way you'll be 'better' than anybody else is to play it and get a real good feel for the game.

Asking for fast responsive controls in a game that wasn't designed or intended to be played that way is like asking Halo 3 to be different than what it is.  Gears of War doesn't have fast or quirky controls either.  It has acquired controls.  Just like Kill Zone.

Not a twitch shooter? Auto-aim on the shotgun and the Assault's grenade launcher both disagree with you. Both can rack up a ridiculous amount of kills even for people that suck with the aiming. I've also been killed plenty of times by people that just mindlessly spray'n'pray but happen to get a lucky headshot.

Now, why would have fast responsive controls make this a twitch shooter? Are you saying that every game that has quick controls are twitch shooters that can be mastered in one night? I get tired of that poor argument.

Try playing CoD1. It has the same controls as CoD4/5, but it's a much different game. The thing that required mastering in CoD1 was the recoil - I guarantee that you'd get whooped for a long while before you start managing to get a decent of points at the end of a match.

Also keep in mind that unique isn't always a good thing. Any game could have something unique about it that also happens to be horrible. What GG could've done was make controls that are familiar to anyone that's played an FPS, then actually add some kind of unique features to the gameplay itself. I think it's now common knowledge that besides the controls that've caused so many have come to either hate or love, there's really not much to KZ2 that makes it unique at all.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network
Parasitic said:
Rpruett said:

I disagree.  The game has elements of almost every quality shooter I have played recently.  The game itself plays like a COD/First Person Gears of War.  The class system is reminiscent to Team Fortress but also COD4 with the progressive setup.

The simple fact about this game,  is that it's not a twitch shooter.  It's not a game that they wanted you to 'master' within a night of playing.  It's a game that the only way you'll be 'better' than anybody else is to play it and get a real good feel for the game.

Asking for fast responsive controls in a game that wasn't designed or intended to be played that way is like asking Halo 3 to be different than what it is.  Gears of War doesn't have fast or quirky controls either.  It has acquired controls.  Just like Kill Zone.

Not a twitch shooter? Auto-aim on the shotgun and the Assault's grenade launcher both disagree with you. Both can rack up a ridiculous amount of kills even for people that suck with the aiming. I've also been killed plenty of times by people that just mindlessly spray'n'pray but happen to get a lucky headshot.

Now, why would have fast responsive controls make this a twitch shooter? Are you saying that every game that has quick controls are twitch shooters that can be mastered in one night? I get tired of that poor argument.

Try playing CoD1. It has the same controls as CoD4/5, but it's a much different game. The thing that required mastering in CoD1 was the recoil - I guarantee that you'd get whooped for a long while before you start managing to get a decent of points at the end of a match.

Most FPS nowadays ARE twitch shooters.  So yes, when sluggish controls is the complaint from people it's quite obvious the reasoning.  Since Kill Zone 2 doesn't play like most other shooters it must be bad controls.  No... It's just a different game.  

Goldeneye 64 had sluggish controls too.  Or hyper sensitive controls (If you used the c buttons).  The point is,  it was a learned or acquired skill or talent to play that game at a high level. 

And the game is a kill fest.  Sure you can launch grenades into a crowd of people and get some kills or use the shotgun auto aim all you want.   But until you get comfortable with the controls you absolutely will not have continued or consistent success.

Rpruett said:   

And the game is a kill fest.  Sure you can launch grenades into a crowd of people and get some kills or use the shotgun auto aim all you want.   But until you get comfortable with the controls you absolutely will not have continued or consistent success.

Have you actually unlocked the Assault class or tried holding L1 with the shotgun? It doesn't matter how bad your aiming is. One just requires you to shoot and spam grenades in a general area, the other does the aiming for you.

Consider the fact that this game has tons of small corridors, and the ability to hold 2 grenades (which was not a good decision), then yes, most bad players can get quick kills with both of those weapons.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Parasitic said:
Rpruett said:   

Have you actually unlocked the Assault class or tried holding L1 with the shotgun? It doesn't matter how bad your aiming is. One just requires you to shoot and spam grenades in a general area, the other does the aiming for you.

Consider the fact that this game has tons of small corridors, and the ability to hold 2 grenades (which was not a good decision), then yes, most bad players can get quick kills with both of those weapons.

Yep, Yep, Yep.    You won't have continued success if you HAVEN'T grasped the aiming system.  You will still be fuddling around corners and still won't be able to even lock onto your target with consistent ease.

Also Shotguns are very easily countered with sentry guns.  And Grenade Launchers are fine from a distance but move inside on them and you are a sitting duck. You can get kills,  but you won't be consistently on the top of your team without a fundamental grasp of the controls.

for people saying lag hurts the game why didnt you huff and puff and moan and whine when farcry 2 and halo3 came out... oh wait they arent sony games

Around the Network

Interesting. I have yet to open my copy as I'm playing Fallout 3. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Max King of the Wild said:
for people saying lag hurts the game why didnt you huff and puff and moan and whine when farcry 2 and halo3 came out... oh wait they arent sony games

That would be the case, if there wouldn't be any ppl saying bad about controls that did hype the game before, but alas there is. So something is 'wrong' with controls and as it has been shown its not only lag. Maybe its that 'weighty realism'. Whatever it is some ppl who hyped the game and didn't like the controls shall feel the wrath of being infidels now. Nice inquisition. :)

Deneidez said:
Max King of the Wild said:

That would be the case, if there wouldn't be any ppl saying bad about controls that did hype the game before, but alas there is. So something is 'wrong' with controls and as it has been shown its not only lag. Maybe its that 'weighty realism'. Whatever it is some ppl who hyped the game and didn't like the controls shall feel the wrath of being infidels now. Nice inquisition. :)

Indeed :)

Let's not jump at the throat of those who dislike the controls. Differently  from "lag" and "flicks", the "feel" is an entirely subjective matter.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

hahahahahahah wow guys its a game deal with it maybe they meant for it to be that way. This game has been going under some serious scrutiny but i think people should stop complaining. Dont expect it to be cod it is different than cod just go play cod if you want cod fine aiming technique with no "controller lag" or aiming acceleration

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

PullusPardus said:
This is different from the weight thing, but i dont see whats the big deal about it.
the people talking about the weight is that your character moves different from using rifles, but this is a different thing. i think the only people who make a big deal about it are trolls.

C'mon. Just take a step back. There is no need for this thread really. But it's a relative point. And one that affects how the game plays. LAg is noticeable in the game. anything more than 1-2 frames lag is bad for an FPS. Why this is in KZ2 is beyond me. It's a shame because it affects the feel of the controls.

Hopefully they can fix this with a patch. Unless they havent optimized the PS3 power as much as we were led to believe. There are lots of PS3 only owners talking about the lag on PS3 forums. People I know in real life on those forums to who only own PS3's. It feels a big deal after playing Counter strike, Halo 3 or COD online. Unfortunately thats a fact.