By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is it just me or does KZ2 feel sluggish?

The controls are fine. Play the game the way it's meant to be played. Play it at normal sensitivities. This isn't your standard, charge in turn 360 degrees while holding the fire trigger down. I've found that a very minimal increase in sensitivity works best.

Kill Zone 2 plays far more like a tactical shooter. One that you take cover, peek, fire. (This is the biggest fundamental problem people are having).

It's not Halo. It's not Call of Duty. It's not Resistance. It's Kill Zone.

The controls are fine for most people and while you have the right to not like the controls, if you play the game for a good amount of time you will most likely be perfectly fine with them. If not and playing through the whole game doesn't help at all and you still hate the controls? So be it. Kill Zone 2 probably isn't the game for you.

Another thing to note :  I personally dislike PS3 controllers for every FPS.  Original Xbox/360 have a far better controller for FPS.  Ofcourse I prefer the PS3 controller for almost everything else.   Kill Zone 2's controls are perfectly fine, especially given the PS3s controller.

Around the Network

I have played 10 hours of MP right now and im a captain and my tip is :
Learn 2 aim XD
(Just kiddin)

SolidSnitch said:
I changed the controls to alternate2, makes the L1 my zoom button and right bumper the melee hit, I found that way its more like a standard shooter but I still have to use the L2 to get on a wall, it would be better for me with L1 to zoom and left bumper to get on the walls and L2 to run but its not in there...
I also check the hold to zoom button, I hated it when it stayed zoomed-in while I was getting shot.

I did this too, it seems more fluid thi sway. Also less cramp inducing crab positions with my hands on the controller. But still if you want to zoom in and fire while being attached to cover with a sniper rifle etc- L2+L1 +R1+Up lol its very hard sometimes.

I guess the first page says it all. :D

After playing for the first time, the aiming got me. When I got to 2nd level it was pretty much improving. Not that hard for me. I guess it's not Halo. :D

The controls were very awkward at first. But after about 30 mins of online, I got the hang of it, a few hours later and I'm getting head shots all over the place. Such a fun game.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
^^ I've said before everything is an extreme with some people. Love or hate, can never be any middle ground as far as some are concerned. If you say one tiny negative thing, you are in the hate group.

Sounds like FF12 to me. Cause I hated that with a damn passion. First FF I never finished. Although some loved it.

innacturate? My ass I can get a headshot with the pistol across the whole map of phyrrus rise.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

sega4life said:
dhummel said:
klaudkil said:
nooo..... for the last time!! they made it soo you can feel the weight of the gun
this is not a call of duty arcade game
you have to have real skill in it...

trust me it will be alright after some time...

inaccuret? whahha..nooo... you can make a headset with the first 2 guns in MP and thats something.

Oh. My. God. If I hear this assinine "realistic" excuse one more time...

You are a futuristic soldier invading another planet occupied by aliens. And you are invoking realism? You can sprint and reload your gun at the same time, an impressive and probably quite dangerous action, buit you are claiming realism? You can lighten the "weight" of your gun in the options menu through upping the sensitivity, but you are invoking realism?

This realism argument is foolish and pathetic.

LMFAO... BRILLIANT !

It is isnt it. 

Im dissapointed that dhummel's post has been largely ignored by the posters in this thread, so im gonna quote it to bring it back to the fore. :)

No it just time getting use to after a while you will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Man said:
sega4life said:
dhummel said:
klaudkil said:
nooo..... for the last time!! they made it soo you can feel the weight of the gun
this is not a call of duty arcade game
you have to have real skill in it...

trust me it will be alright after some time...

inaccuret? whahha..nooo... you can make a headset with the first 2 guns in MP and thats something.

Oh. My. God. If I hear this assinine "realistic" excuse one more time...

You are a futuristic soldier invading another planet occupied by aliens. And you are invoking realism? You can sprint and reload your gun at the same time, an impressive and probably quite dangerous action, buit you are claiming realism? You can lighten the "weight" of your gun in the options menu through upping the sensitivity, but you are invoking realism?

This realism argument is foolish and pathetic.

LMFAO... BRILLIANT !

It is isnt it. 

Im dissapointed that dhummel's post has been largely ignored by the posters in this thread, so im gonna quote it to bring it back to the fore. :)

The thing is not everyone is advocating the "realism" argument , I certainly haven't head GG talk about this. IMO like I have said before the controls aren't clumsy, sluggish , innacurate  they are simply different and take some getting used to . I haven't played COD4 or 5 so maybe this is why .

Virtualy who I know playing Killzone 2 has reported no problems with the control system what so ever , I can headshot with ease I don't know where this is coming from honestly.

The only problem I have with the game is that you can't quickly turn around and move away from grenades once they are thrown , but then that's part of the challenge . If I could jet off every time I saw a 'nade it would defeat the purpose of throwing them in the first place.