By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your favorite soda pop?

I love cream soda.... my brother is a chef and he mentioned that originally a cream soda was a drink that the old timey drug store soda clerks would make by putting actual cream in an otherwise regular Coca-Cola drink. Now, we have this delicious treat Cream-Soda.... can't get enough of it. I also like Vernor's ginger ale. Its a different drink. It tastes like a regular ginger ale, but the makers of it wanted to give it a spicy taste and actually put a peppery flavor....not sure what kind whether it is a black or one of the many red varieties of red pepper but it does taste more like a red pepper flavor. When you drink the soda at room temperature its hot! Its good as well refrigerated.

Around the Network

Hank's Black Cherry Soda when I can find it, otherwise I just go with Dr. Pepper. All in all I don't drink a lot of cokes anymore (coke, not soda-- I'm from the South :-p) since they're super sugar water and I just don't need that.

I hereby predict that not a single person who picks cola will actually say cola. They'll all say Coke, Pepsi or some other brand name. Way to be branded people! :p

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

twesterm said:
Hank's Black Cherry Soda when I can find it, otherwise I just go with Dr. Pepper. All in all I don't drink a lot of cokes anymore (coke, not soda-- I'm from the South :-p) since they're super sugar water and I just don't need that.

Black cherry is a great flavor to go with soda, i love it.  I've been to NYC a couple of times and have gotten Dr Brown's Black Cherry Soda there.  Its the perfect thing to go with a pastrami sandwich.

My goodness, sorry twesterm, but saying "coke" in place of cola or even soda is just stupid haha.

I don't even like saying soda...and especially not soda pop.

I'll call cream sodas "sodas," but any kind of cola or perhaps lemon-lime drinks I'll call "pop." I'm from the Midwest...most people around here call it just "pop."

Anyway...Pepsi is my favorite cola, but I'd have to go with Jones soda as my favorite. So many different flavors! And stof can appreciate it since they're Canadian hehe. My favorite flavor is probably Fufu Berry.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
My goodness, sorry twesterm, but saying "coke" in place of cola or even soda is just stupid haha.

It's a regional thing.  People just look at you funny in Texas if you say soda, pop, cola, or cold drink and we all know exactly what you mean when you ask the waitress what kind of cokes do you have?

Coke proper or Mountain Dew Code Red are both pretty good.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

BenKenobi88 said:

I don't even like saying soda...and especially not soda pop.

I'll call cream sodas "sodas," but any kind of cola or perhaps lemon-lime drinks I'll call "pop." I'm from the Midwest...most people around here call it just "pop."

Anyway...Pepsi is my favorite cola, but I'd have to go with Jones soda as my favorite. So many different flavors! And stof can appreciate it since they're Canadian hehe. My favorite flavor is probably Fufu Berry.

Well, I used soda pop so that everybody would know what I was talking about.        

Just as a warning, the worst soda in history is Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray, whoever thought that a CELERY based soda would be a good idea was insane (although its been around for a while so there must be some lunatics out there who like it).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cel-Ray

Spruce beer - The great smell you get from your spruce tree is now in a can. Most people hate it, but its one of the best flavors of soda you can get.

Ginger beer - Sinus clearing soda that has tons of kick, but there is a specific brand that I've brought down from Canada but i only know what the bottle looks like, not the actual name. It comes in a short, fat glass bottle that holds roughly 12 oz. of soda.

IBC root beer - by far my favorite root beer, sadly this is the only one i can easily get in NY.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)