By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Little big planet 2 a mario killer?

bouzane said:
People will always buy Mario because of the brandname. Ratchet & Clank, Psychonauts and several other 3D-platformers were vastly superior to Sunshine and available for systems that were far more popular but guess which game was more successful?

I played Psychonauts and loved it. It had some of the best and most clever writing of the last generation, and was very high-concept in terms of game narrative.

As a platformer it did not come close to Sunshine.

Around the Network

@Khuutra

Personally, I thought Sunshine's camera issues and lousy boss fights made it the inferior title but to each their own.

bouzane said:
@Khuutra

Personally, I thought Sunshine's camera issues and lousy boss fights made it the inferior title but to each their own.

Look, inferior title is one thing, I'm talking about pure platforming mechanics, and I think the meat circus proves my point on that one. I didn't have a lot of trouble with it, but it definitely shows the limitations of the mechanics of the game.

ah so some of you are seeing my point of view :D

Khuutra said:
bouzane said:
@Khuutra

Look, inferior title is one thing, I'm talking about pure platforming mechanics, and I think the meat circus proves my point on that one. I didn't have a lot of trouble with it, but it definitely shows the limitations of the mechanics of the game.

You're right about the butcher's circus but I flat out didn't enjoy Sunshine. Floating around with FLUDD and spraying water bored me while Psychonauts was at least entertaining as a platformer if somewhat mundane.

Around the Network
Zones said:
supermario128 said:
kirby007 said:
do you still see people with a LBP avatar?
do you still see people with a mario avatar?

No, Yes.

Actually, it's a...

Yes, Yes.

Pwned?

Whever!

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

bouzane said:
Khuutra said:
bouzane said:
@Khuutra

You're right about the butcher's circus but I flat out didn't enjoy Sunshine. Floating around with FLUDD and spraying water bored me while Psychonauts was at least entertaining as a platformer if somewhat mundane.

All right, that's fair.

But the parts without FLUDD?

@Khuutra

They were fine if not a notch frustrating. More of them (with the odd checkpoint) would have been appreciated.

<fail>Little big planet has amazing graphics and awesome online. Do you think little big planet 2 (ps3) will kill all the sales for all the mario games?

The make your own level feature makes me think that nobody will want to play mario after they play lbp.

What do you guys think?</fail>

This is the proper HTML.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

i wish people posting "will x kill ultra-popular franchise" would stop. The premise given in the OP is completely asinine but people use this opportunity anyways to take a jab at LBP. well done.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka