By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Man chooses PS3 over truck, now in jail!

Man gets 120 days for fake police report, insurance claim

From Sandy Louey:

A Sacramento Superior Court judge has sentenced a 24-year-old man to 120 days in county jail and four years of probation for filing a false police report and fraudulent insurance claim.

Judge David De Alba sentenced Nicholas Stanfield Friday after a jury convicted him, according to a news release issued Wednesday from the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office.

The release gave this account:

On Dec. 17, 2007, Sacramento police responded to a 911 call about the carjacking of Stanfield's Dodge Ram truck.

Stanfield's face was bruised and his shirt torn. He told officers he was walking to his truck in downtown Sacramento when two men assaulted him, took his keys and drove off in his truck.

Stanfield filed an insurance claim with Ameriprise Insurance and claimed there was more than $4,000 in personal property inside the truck.

He also wanted payment for the truck including $20,000 in customization that he had put into the truck. He also wanted the insurance company to pay for a car rental, towing and storage fees.

Sacramento Police Detective Bryce Heinlein discovered Stanfield had made up the carjacking, asking two friends to beat him up so it looked like he had been attacked.

Stanfield later admitted to the fake carjacking, saying he had financial problems. He missed the $500 monthly truck payments for November and December.

At trial, he testified that he spent $500 on a PlayStation 3 as a Christmas present for himself instead of making the December truck payment, the DA's office said.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/crime/archives/020071.html

--------------------------------------

The moral of the story:
He could have bought a 360 for $199 and made his truck payment. :P

Around the Network
Mirson said:
Man gets 120 days for fake police report, insurance claim

From Sandy Louey:

A Sacramento Superior Court judge has sentenced a 24-year-old man to 120 days in county jail and four years of probation for filing a false police report and fraudulent insurance claim.

Judge David De Alba sentenced Nicholas Stanfield Friday after a jury convicted him, according to a news release issued Wednesday from the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office.

The release gave this account:

On Dec. 17, 2007, Sacramento police responded to a 911 call about the carjacking of Stanfield's Dodge Ram truck.

Stanfield's face was bruised and his shirt torn. He told officers he was walking to his truck in downtown Sacramento when two men assaulted him, took his keys and drove off in his truck.

Stanfield filed an insurance claim with Ameriprise Insurance and claimed there was more than $4,000 in personal property inside the truck.

He also wanted payment for the truck including $20,000 in customization that he had put into the truck. He also wanted the insurance company to pay for a car rental, towing and storage fees.

Sacramento Police Detective Bryce Heinlein discovered Stanfield had made up the carjacking, asking two friends to beat him up so it looked like he had been attacked.

Stanfield later admitted to the fake carjacking, saying he had financial problems. He missed the $500 monthly truck payments for November and December.

At trial, he testified that he spent $500 on a PlayStation 3 as a Christmas present for himself instead of making the December truck payment, the DA's office said.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/crime/archives/020071.html

--------------------------------------

The moral of the story:
He could have bought a 360 for $199 and made his truck payment. :P

What? If spent the $200, he'd only have $300 to pay a $500 truck payment.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

now thats a true PS fan lol

PS3 is for Hardcore confirmed.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Now that powaz

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

@Agreed!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

FreeTalkLive said:

Agreed!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

PS3's cost making people go bankrupt confirmed!

But seriously, couldn't this guy have asked for a loan from said two friends rather than risking going to jail?

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

I'd rather not associate myself with this kind.

Bullet100000 said:
FreeTalkLive said:

Agreed!!!

Or in this case, dumbass lowlives.

That's not a dig at the PS3; this guy is just obviously a moron.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.