By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Classic Controller Pro fixes complaints. So why are you still complaining?

If people are still complaining does it mean that the controller still didnt fix all the complaints? lol jk =P

Around the Network

The grip is an stupid option, the shoulder buttons are better, but I will not change my controllers for this because of the grip.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Valkyria00 said:

Besides it being pretty fugly it look like its more comfortable and it fixes complaints. People bitched about the analog sticks being too close. Now they're father apart. They complained about the shoulder buttons being too small at least the ZL and ZR buttons. Now they're bigger and seperate. People complained about the size. Its bigger now and while it looks ugly it looks like it might be comfortable.

Like the DSi people love to bitch and moan about more options.

Why are people complaining? Because it's Nintendo. Nintendo haters are always crying about Nintendo does.

d21lewis said:
No rumble for Super Smash Bros. is my only gripe. I just hope more Wii games us it. It's hard playing some games while laying down.

I sometimes think I'm the only person who turns rumble off in games...

1337 Gamer said:
Y not just make an improved GC controller. At least that was a decent gaming pad. This wanna be retro controllers look like just another way to milk people for their hard earned cash. Too bad it wont be able to compare with the Xbox 360 and PS3 controllers. Besides i thought the whole point of the wii was to be a completly different gaming experience with the wii mote???

The reason for this controller is to play games on the Virtual Console. If you ever tried playing a SNES game on a GC controller you would understand why they made this one. The button layout on the GC controller works great for GC games, but since the button layout for A,B,X,Y is different on a SNES controller the programmers layed the buttons out differently in software.

Anyways, this controller isn't to milk cash, it is just another option for people who want a classic controller but don't like how it feels. I have one classic controller, and I won't be buying this one as it does the exact same thing in a slightly different form.

As for your last statement/question, again this is mainly for the virtual console, and the few games that have the classic controller as an extra option (like mario kart)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
d21lewis said:
No rumble for Super Smash Bros. is my only gripe. I just hope more Wii games us it. It's hard playing some games while laying down.

I always have rumble and sound turned off on my wiimotes, I don't appreciate it enough to take 4 hours of battery life away from me.

Words Of Wisdom said:
d21lewis said:

You're not alone.

I turn it off a lot of times because it's annoying.

I'm not complaining, I'm just not buying one. (there's a difference).

Also, I'm fairly certain no one complained about the classic controller and DIDN'T get a wavebird or regular Gamecube controller, so I'm not sure what Nintendo is doing here.

Words Of Wisdom said:
d21lewis said:

I also turn off rumble on all games I play, the only game I ever enjoyed rumble in was Star Fox on the N64

As for the classic controller update, I like that they made it bigger but my biggest complaint still hasnt been answered, they really need to switch the D-pad and Analog stick on the left side of the controller. for some reason mt thumb just doesnt like being in that position and I get some major cramps in my hand from it

I'm still pissed off that there's not beverage holder, or cooling fans, or a feature to give me a gentle massage. Rabble rabble rabble!

Regarding the crappy button-mapping when playing SNES VC games with a Gamecube controller ... how come Nintendo doesn't just allow us to map our own buttons? That would have been an elegant solution and then I wouldn't have had to buy a classic controller and give Nintendo more of my mone--

Oh I just got it.