By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

gebx said: No Multiplayer... and only 1 single player mode... You might as well just keep playing the demo.. it's basically the same thing
oh I take that back.. I'm retarded.. No offline multiplayer, meaning no splitscreen.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Well never mind then.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

It's fine for me, becuase my brother lives 280 miles away. My dad lives 240 miles away. We all have PS3s. :P

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said: I'm just gonna say this. I've played Excite Truck at demo wii terminals... and I thought it was just... another crappy offroad raceing game. It didnt feel new, better, innovative than anything I've played in the past. (looked a little better, but not alot)
If that's what you think, then I don't think you played it at all. It plays like a normal off-road racer... until you start using Turbo's (and without Turbo's its impossible to compete/get medals). Turbos turn it into Extreme-G/Wipeout/F-zero - with the levels rushing by so quickly, you can barely see what is coming up. Its mostly a good thing, but makes the fun *very* dependent on the level design. The jumps are also pretty cool - but I thought they should have been used more (and more integral to the game). Not sure Im hot on the mix of "half-racing / half-tricking". I also hope they work on a ExciteTruck II at some point. PS: I doubt Motorstorm could handle even 2-player split-screen play. Running at 720p at 30fps (only) is bad enough. At least ExciteTruck runs at a proper 60fps

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Motorstorm didn't get split-screen because of performance issues. I suppose they could have scaled-backed the graphics for split screen, which isn't at all unprecedented for racing games, but I think they're trying to make a statement about maxing the PS3s graphical quality and don't want to compromise.

Around the Network

re: Excite Truck, as I recall it's split-screen is scaled back in the sense that it's only head-to-head: there's no CPU drivers in the multi-player races

Wow no split-screen? This was one of the games that was making me consider saving up for a PS3...racing against my friends would be fun... I understand why it wouldn't have it...but that seriously detracts from the value of the game for me...I'm all about playing games with my friends, usually in the same place.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

no CPU in multiplayer. Well that sucks. Boost makes it a great game? Wow. I cant think of many car games that DONT have boost today. I would consider that fairly normal. That dont sound special to me. The jumps are psycho big. But. Without graphics. The jumps are psycho ugly. (jumps give you time to perform stunts, or take in the sights) Neither excite truck does. I'm not saying motorstorm is the best game ever. But it's the ONLY offroad game that has ever made me think. I want it. The *only* offroad game I have ever owned. Is 4x4 offroad fury. or something. It's for the PSP, and it came with it. It SUCKS. (I liked the gameplay more than excite truck tho) I just seriously dont like offroad games. Never have. Probibally Never will. MotorStorm is NOT your normal offroad game.

It's quite obvious that you either haven't played it or you haven't played it much. You can do stunts while airborn. And not innovative? How do you praise Motorstorm for being fresh and new and claim Excite Truck isn't innovative in the same breath? You. Control. It. Like. A. Real. Truck. How is that not innovative? Kwaad logic at its finest.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Sintinel said: It's quite obvious that you either haven't played it or you haven't played it much. You can do stunts while airborn. And not innovative? How do you praise Motorstorm for being fresh and new and claim Excite Truck isn't innovative in the same breath? You. Control. It. Like. A. Real. Truck. How is that not innovative? Kwaad logic at its finest.
The idea of motorstorm isnt 'get in the front and win' It's "Can I make it to the front alive." The computers in motorstorm are smart. They get angry. Infact, you can cut them off, and they will have a vendetta for the rest of the race to RAM you off the road. Motorstorm is a demolition derby game. (it has a 100% offroad concept, but it has all the elements of a demoliton derby) I've never played a game that a motorcycle can race with a semi truck. Only to be "pushed" off a cliff. Or play as a semi truck, and just use your mass and bulk to block everyone. And if one gets beside you, ram it off the cliff, or INTO the cliff for a massive wreck to ensue behind you!