By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What If Sony Never Got in the Game?

http://retro.ign.com/articles/956/956990p1.html

Around the Network

I haven't read it but I'll take a few guesses at what may have happened..

Sega would not have dropped out of the hardware race.

That's about it really.. We also wouldn't have the Wii right now

k i just got done reading the whole thing o.o i didnt know how much sony changed console gaming

I would have played Shenmue III about 7 years ago

awwww

good ol PS1 time

I want a good Abe's Odyssey NAO

Even though i didn't own a PS2,I love Playstation

Around the Network

I just finished the whole article.couldn't help but to feel sorry for Sony Due to all the bad time PlayStation brand is going through during the last 2 years.

Hopefully they can make profit with PS3 and continue to deliver good stuff to the industry.

Very nice write up by Levi. Without Sony the expectations of what a game, and console should be, would be much lower than what they are today. This artical covered the things that changed gaming for me.

1) Mature Games - Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy VII, Silent Hill, Resident Evil

2) Multimedia Machines - PS1 CD PS2 CD + DVD PS3 CD + DVD + Blu-ray + Internet + Pictures

3) Respect For Games - Gaming is not geeky anymore

I can honestly say, I would be either dead or in jail if it had not been for Playstation. Sony has changed my life, and I will always support them. I hope they continue to create games that go beyond simple fun, and teach good morals to children and adults. Games on Playstation are more than just killing and collecting. Playstation made games about life, and let you connect with charicters in a way that no other form of media or instruction can. No amount of words can express the impact Sony has had on games or my life.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I wouldn't be surprised if the industry had pulled another 1983 and died on us. Sadly I haven't really played on Sony consoles that much, although I came close to getting one. I got a Nintendo 64 instead, which turned out to be pretty damn good if you ask me. But it wouldn't have been that good had Sony not entered the picture.

@halooooo

it's never late to try them.

Maybe you could give PS3 a go after a price drop to $299.

I think they're putting too much into it. Don't misunderstand me, Sony were genious, but most of the things in that article would have happened. Maybe not in the exact same way, and probably later, but the world is moving forward, and so is almost every other genre (as in, video games is a genre.. Can't think of a better word.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS