By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom: Resident Evil 5 Demo Saw 4 Million Downloads

toastboy44562 said:
disolitude said:
lol...you're all babies.

What makes a game control bad? Is it because you can't do what you do in GEars 2 that makes RE5 control bad? Well its not Gears 2. You need to learn to play with what the game offers and not think about...what could have been.

Control is EXACTLY the same as RE4 if you change the options. No one had a problem with that games controls...

we shouldnt have to change the controls, that is why i had a problem with killzone 2...

Since when? When has this console only gaming rule been written in stone? PC gaming is based around customizing controls and it would be foolinsh not to do the same with console gaming.

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
disolitude said:
lol...you're all babies.

What makes a game control bad? Is it because you can't do what you do in GEars 2 that makes RE5 control bad? Well its not Gears 2. You need to learn to play with what the game offers and not think about...what could have been.

Control is EXACTLY the same as RE4 if you change the options. No one had a problem with that games controls...

we shouldnt have to change the controls, that is why i had a problem with killzone 2...

since when? I don't like RE5 but it's not because of the controls. There's a reason controls can be altered. it's like expecting everyone to be able to wear the same shoe.

Im saying they should have call of duty controls (everyone loves them) and have less amo and running zombies chasing you. (for horror) while having strategy to where you shoot the zombies. That my friend is how they should of made RE5...

toastboy44562 said:
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
disolitude said:
lol...you're all babies.

since when? I don't like RE5 but it's not because of the controls. There's a reason controls can be altered. it's like expecting everyone to be able to wear the same shoe.

Im saying they should have call of duty controls (everyone loves them) and have less amo and running zombies chasing you. (for horror) while having strategy to where you shoot the zombies. That my friend is how they should of made RE5...

And I'd hate the game even more than I do now. There's a reason the game isn't called call of Duty: Resident Evil. If they went back and made real RE games, more would actually buy them and the series won't be dying in Japan. I won't expect you to play them though because kz2's controls are too much for you but that'll be beyond awesome IMO

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

RE lost its horror with part 4. And that was a stellar game... I agree that it really isn't old school resident evil but were judging from 2 levels that were on the demo.

Yes enemies were a little dumb. Yes coop makes it feel like an action movie and hot a horror one. Yes the story looks kinda silly looking at the trailer. However everything else looks superb. If this was a new IP, it would be getting massive hype on what was shown and demoed...

Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
disolitude said:
lol...you're all babies.

And I'd hate the game even more than I do now. There's a reason the game isn't called call of Duty: Resident Evil. If they went back and made real RE games, more would actually buy them and the series won't be dying in Japan. I won't expect you to play them though because kz2's controls are too much for you but that'll be beyond awesome IMO

are you saying if they made RE5 my way it would save the series??? (i dont think i quite understood what you said)

Around the Network
disolitude said:
RE lost its horror with part 4. And that was a stellar game... I agree that it really isn't old school resident evil but were judging from 2 levels that were on the demo.

Yes enemies were a little dumb. Yes coop makes it feel like an action movie and hot a horror one. Yes the story looks kinda silly looking at the trailer. However everything else looks superb. If this was a new IP, it would be getting massive hype on what was shown and demoed...

Then it should have been a new IP.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

toastboy44562 said:
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
disolitude said:
lol...you're all babies.

are you saying if they made RE5 my way it would save the series??? (i dont think i quite understood what you said)

I had a sinking feeling that you won't. Did you play RE1,2 or 3? I'll bet you didn't. Thats why you think it should be like cod

Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
disolitude said:
lol...you're all babies.

I had a sinking feeling that you won't. Did you play RE1,2 or 3? I'll bet you didn't. Thats why you think it should be like cod

damn you got me...i didn't play those...

toastboy44562 said:
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
disolitude said:
lol...you're all babies.

I could tell easily. If you had, you'd realize that the series is very different from cod...even beyond comparion. I don't blame you for your opinion though. They tried to make thier own gears with co-op expecting to sell millions and  millions. We'll see how that turns out. The part I don't understand is the extensive bundling in Japan where it probably won't even break 0.3 mil on ps360 combined

Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Pristine20 said:
toastboy44562 said:
disolitude said:
lol...you're all babies.

I could tell easily. If you had, you'd realize that the series is very different from cod...even beyond comparion. I don't blame you for your opinion though. They tried to make thier own gears with co-op expecting to sell millions and  millions. We'll see how that turns out. The part I don't understand is the extensive bundling in Japan where it probably won't even break 0.3 mil on ps360 combined

you never know, cod4 did o.22 on ps360 w/o budles so im gonna say 0.7 for RE5 w/ bundles.