By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair Officially a Ratings Flop - Average Score 68%

Now I don't want to say it's a commercial flop since no one knows how well its going to sell.. but ratings wise its not off to a good start. First 4 reviews are in on Metacritic (Metacritic is usually updated faster then Gamerankings.com) Average 68% http://www.metacritics.com/games/platforms/ps3/lair 90 Play Magazine Lair has come together beautifully... With its stunning visuals and incredible soundtrack, Lair may well be the single most powerful experience that a man can share with his $5,000 home theatre system. [Aug 2007, p.64] 75 GamePro I expect many fans will be disappointed thanks to all of the hype that's built up around the game, but the inevitable complaints about the control scheme will be warranted. [Sep 2007, p.79] 55 Electronic Gaming Monthly Don't buy it if you want a dragon that does what it's told. [Sept 2007, p.82] 50 PSM Magazine Strip away the graphics and novelty controls and Lair is exposed for what it is: an average shooter the likes of which we've all played before on two earlier PlayStation iterations. [Oct 2007, p.74]

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

do ratings matter? 50 cents game sold over a million.

Ouch!

Nice troll thread.

I should make one about Metroid with their 8.5 from gamespot.

missing the 80% from PSW score.

AllAll said:
Nice troll thread.

I shoulf make one about Metroid with their 8.5 from gamespot.

Already plenty of threads on that, pal

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

i was always told we needed 6 whole reviews before ANYTHING was official......i guess i heard wrong.

I'm gonna have to lock this topic...if you want to call Lair a critical failure using MetaCritic, you need to wait for more reviews.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Reviews are still coming in and you did forget the 8/10 PSW score.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.