By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thigs just don't add up... (psp related)

Psp hardware sales for last week was 66,635 but the software was 65,952. That means that people buy a system and don't get games for it....

Now I thought I would bring that up (Even though it has been doing that for a long time)

I think that vgchartz are way off on the psp numbers in others but are ok in america and japan...

Your thoughts?

Around the Network

well, theres such thing as used games. if i was to buy a 360 for instance, the first thing i would do is go buy all the games that came out in the past few years used that i want

Aren't they still doing pack-ins?

Plus people may be upgrading.

I guess you don't realize the PSP does not push software at all...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

also, tons of people steal

Around the Network

Its because of two main reasons

1. Many people buy a psp and pirate all their games because the psp is easily hacked so many developers do not come out with games as often as they would if it wasn't being hacked so easily.

2. Many people also buy psp for things other than gaming. e.g internet music videos etc

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

MaxwellGT2000 said:
I guess you don't realize the PSP does not push software at all...

no Im just saying vgchartz doesnt track games like size matters...

Well it's known that Vgchartz is missing something with PSP SW numbers. last year, french number came in , and the PSP had a 5:1 ratio ...

aher052 said:
Its because of two main reasons

1. Many people buy a psp and pirate all their games because the psp is easily hacked so many developers do not come out with games as often as they would if it wasn't being hacked so easily.

2. Many people also buy psp for things other than gaming. e.g internet music videos etc

It's most likely no.1 then no.2 considering how small notebooks are these days, I'm fairly certain I'd take firefox, keyboard and mouse and longer battery life then what the PSP offers.

Phoenix_Wiight said:
also, tons of people steal

Except new PSPs aren't hackable.