By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone giving up gaming for lent?

supermario128 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
supermario128 said:
How do you give up gaming?

In my case it would take at least one bullet.

So if I gave you a bullet you could give up gaming?

It would be possible, but highly unlikely.  You might also have to trick me into killing myself, but I don't know how that would work.  It would also last a little longer than Lent, so it's not really a good idea.

Around the Network

Ow... we don't celebrate lent here. Never heard of it. Any explanation would be helpfull as I can now only guess it's a holiday where you give up an addiction?

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

EDIT decided against saying what I wrote lol.

HMMM easter eggs

Esmoreit said:
Ow... we don't celebrate lent here. Never heard of it. Any explanation would be helpfull as I can now only guess it's a holiday where you give up an addiction?

Its a catholic tradition really; in short it is a 40 day observance, starting from Ash Wednesday all the way up to Easter Sunday. Its a period where you give something up in observance of Jesus sacrifice.

Mardi Gras, otherwise known as Fat Tuesday, is traditionally viewed as the day where you drink and do all the crazy stuff you can before you have to give it all up for Lent (the next day)

I don't think I have ever really given up anything for lent. I have a friend who gave up cursing. She has broken it a few times but everyone keeps throwing her stuff like "oh you can say it in quotes" kind of a thing. I mean technically I could give up games because I don't have my Xbox and my school blocked all the ports so I can't get on steam >_

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network

my friend was kind of like that too. Instead of saying "bitch" or "shit", she would say "beotch" or "shiite" instead, lol.

Im giving up giving up things

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot