By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom: New Monster Hunter in development for PSP!

From IGN:

PSP Getting New Monster Hunter

Keiji Inafune wants to make series bigger than Dragon Quest.

February 25, 2009 - Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G was Japan's best selling game last year. In fact, the top three PSP games of all time in Japan all have the words Monster Hunter in their titles.

So it probably shouldn't come as a surprise to learn that Capcom is doing another Monster Hunter game for the system.

Capcom's Keiji Inafune made things somewhat official in an interview featured in the latest issue of Famitsu. Without getting into specifics, he said that Capcom is setting its sights on the next PSP entry in the series.

He did admit that he's not sure if it will be called "3rd," and that he expects it to be a ways off. But it appears PSP owners in Japan can look forward to more from the series.

Of course, we're still waiting for 2nd G to come our way as Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, so all this talk of sequels is a bit pointless.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/957/957033p1.html

Around the Network

Excellent news considering the last one sold 3 million in Japan alone. :)

Not so sure it was wise to talk about it before the release of Monster Hunter 3, though...Last thing Capcom need right now is to sabotage their own games.

Is that the support of Capcom for the PSP? Well.. Monster Hunter is not bad but I hoped for a Resident Evil or Devil May Cry PSP. Maybe this will happen too.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Wow psp is getting alot of great games good for it.

ontopic- A smart move from Capcom Monster hunter has been very succesful on psp.

Devil May Cry 4 producer is working on a PSP-exclusive multiplayer Basara game as well...

I think it's called Basara Battle Heroes.

Around the Network

whats with the psp all of a sudden, many ppl wrote it off/

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

wow the psp is on fire this year¡¡¡¡.

PSP does great in Japan already. And outside of Japan Monster Hunter means nothing. The announcements of Rock band, Assassins Creed etc. for PSP are far more exciting.

MH3G here we come ;)

VivaLaWiida said:
Is that the support of Capcom for the PSP? Well.. Monster Hunter is not bad but I hoped for a Resident Evil or Devil May Cry PSP. Maybe this will happen too.

Well, but if you think about it, between a game that guarantees 3 million for sure and another that's unsure if it'll reach a million, any executive will pick another Monster Hunter over it. Though another RE or DMC may happen, MH is going always to be the top priority for Capcom in the PSP