By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 'Moon' sells fewer then 1,500 copies during month of january

Can gamecock sell anything?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Thats too bad, I thought it would of done way better than that...

It deserves better seriously.

It's a non-advertised, original IP FPS by a little known developer on a system that has a very small library of games to attract to FPS or "mature" gamers. And while it's good, it doesn't quite have anything to blow you away. Dementium was the same.

So far the DS has yet to break that demographic. And a little game like Moon isn't going to do it. A big game like Grand Theft Auto might though. It will be interesting to see if GTA can pull in enough of that crowd to continue a steady stream of "mature" games. you know, the kind where you play as a human who kills other humans.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

i hated it

so i didnt buy it

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network
tastyshovelware said:
I genuinely find it surprising so many people don't know about this game. I haven't been tracking it on other sites, but IGN gave it a ton of press on its site and podcast. Like I said, I don't own a DS (nor do I follow it much), but I was aware of the hype they were putting behind it. Maybe no one else was though.

The brown contradicts the red.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

What is this game? I am curious? I thought it must be a Harvest Moon, but not if people are saying it's an FPS. Yes, tastyshovelware, I guess it must be doom of hardcore on DS when an unknown game does not sell well.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

The DS has one of the best libraries ever of hardcore games, It's the Wii we have a problem with.

ph4nt said:
The DS has one of the best libraries ever of hardcore games, It's the Wii we have a problem with.

If you mean terrific and complex games to appeal to the seasoned gamer, then yes. But there is a decent sized audience of gamers that are looking for the traditional mix of FPS, horror, and mature content action games that so far haven't come around to the DS. How many games are there that appeal to that crowd? I'll make a list of the top "adult sellers" I understand if you think different agmes meet this criteria.

The top seller so far is Metroid Prime Hunters. with probably around 1 million. An early game with a great brand behind it that should have kicked off the trend. But it just didn't happen.

From there it goes down hill fast. Force Unleashed clocked half a million with the Starwars name behind it.

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow? 300k with the Castelvania name behind it.

Assassin's Creed: Altairs Chronicles. Alright, here's the DS version of the multi million selling AC game and it racks up 230k

Resident Evil: Deadly Space 210 K

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 170k

Touch the Dead 160k

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword 140k

Dementium 120k

And it goes on. Now I don't think this failure to find a library of successful "adult" games is the DS's fault. I think it's largely the fault of the games themselves, there are too few, released too far apart with not much to set most of them apart from the offerings on other consoles or handhelds. But the DS can definitely pull off that demographic shift to appeal to this crowd as well, but the Moons and Dementiums aren't going to do it. It's going to need major games that will attract people's attention from the start. It's going to need Grand Theft Auto's, and other games of it's ilk. I really can't wait to see what GTA and the DSi can do to shift some of the DS's target audience. It'll be one of the more interesting trends of this gen.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

That's no moon!