By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GamesRadar Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop review 6/10

11ht11 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"Here's the CVG review you started the other thread for"

Seems he just wanted to make loads of negative threads to make the game look bad.

As for reviews, I stopped trusting them when I realized developers actively courted good reviews.

>_> if this game got good reviews i still would of made threads for it

Brett please add a ignore user function

Then why do you claim to know their motives for this game with no proof? That seems to be deciding this game is bad because you think their motives are bad.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
11ht11 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Seems he just wanted to make loads of negative threads to make the game look bad.

As for reviews, I stopped trusting them when I realized developers actively courted good reviews.

Then why do you claim to know their motives for this game with no proof? That seems to be deciding this game is bad because you think their motives are bad.

well look at RE: UC theres more zombies in this screen

and the graphics are better too

11ht11 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
11ht11 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

well look at RE: UC theres more zombies in this screen

and the graphics are better too

That doesn't prove they're taking the money and running. All it proves is that a railgun game, that does not have the enemies rendered off screen, will have more room for graphical detail.

The basis all you have for assuming Capcom is pissing on the Wii is because you think graphical detail has to do with money spent, not resoure allocation. It was a choice between detail and scale, and DR had to chose one.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

im annoyed by this, everyone else with me enjoy this family guy clip

Ha ha! Family Guy! I know that from TV!

Seriously though. I'm all about giving games a fair chance. This is from a guy who bought and loved Red Steel back in his more affluent days. It might not have been a very good game as far as first person shooters go, but it made me happy at the time.

But if people want to call "cash-in" on Chop 'Til You Drop, I think they might be justified to do so. Maybe they're wrong, maybe they're right, but there is a lot of evidence pointing to the fact that the developers' hearts weren't that into this game (i.e.: the use of the RE4 engine when DR and RE4 are very different types of games, the lack of graphical polish when we know that the Wii is capable of better even if it's not 360 quality, the fact that Capcom is a corporation and corporations kinda like money etc).

And true, you can't trust reviewers, or publishers, or even developers for that matter. Hell, you can't even trust other gamers because they might be blinded by fanboy love. Maybe everything I'm saying right now is driven by some kind of hidden desire to see the Dreamcast resurrected.

I'm sure there are people who will buy Chop 'Til You Drop, play it, and love it. That's awesome. And for others like myself (and this is purely my own opinion), there are Wii games of clearly higher quality that will probably be more worthy of my time and money.

Around the Network

You know, this is probably a good indicator of what a possible port of RE5 to the Wii might be like. I bought Okami and Zak and Wiki for the Wii but I don't think I'll be buying anymore Capcom games after this.

I'm not going to buy any Capcom games if I think they might suck. But I will try to buy Capcom games if I think they might be good.

Pro-Tip: remove the word "Capcom" from the above paragraph to reveal a secret message that will immediately solve all of your game-buying woes!

And what game buying woes do I have exactly? If I don't want to buy games from certain publishers, I won't. I stopped buying EA games for a while now and they have been releasing a bunch of good games lately.

Meh, it's your choice of course. I'm just saying, I'm not going to miss out on a good game just because I don't always like the publisher. If a game is good, I don't care who publishes it ...

Unless Hitler comes back to life and starts publishing games. Then I probably wouldn't buy the game, even if it was really, really good. He'd probably just use the profits do do something evil. You know how Hitler is. He's ALWAYS planning something evil.

So the game doesn't have a lot of enemies, the enemy models are not detailed nor is their AI good, the scale is not that impressive... In other words they're hardly pushing the hardware in any way. Especially when you consider that there are even PS2 games with tons of enemy characters.

Looks like our hopes from a few months ago got absolutely crushed. Of course that has been pretty likely in the last month or so.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957