By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Stock down to its lowest level in 11 years.

Steroid said:
Ail said:
The market as a whole is at its lowest since 11 years genius...

A fact is a fact is a fact you think the 5000 employees MS just cut wanna hear that?

Hubris. It's why the Americans beat the British, it's how the Vietnameese beat the Americans and if unchecked, will be the downfall of Microsoft.

Hubris (/hjuːbrɪs/) or hybris (/'haɪbrɪs/) (ancient Greek ὕβρις), mythology is a term used in modern English to indicate overweening pride, superciliousness, or arrogance, often resulting in fatal retribution. In ancient Greece, hubris referred to actions which, intentionally or not, shamed and humiliated the victim, and frequently the perpetrator as well. It was most evident in the public and private actions of the powerful and rich.

I still can't decide if this thread is a giant stealth trolling...but I am leaning towards yes after this last post.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network

Microsoft is one of the most profitable software companies in the world. The stocks dropped yes, but a low share price doesn't change their balance sheet which is very impressive overall.

FastFord58 said:
Steroid said:
Ail said:

A fact is a fact is a fact you think the 5000 employees MS just cut wanna hear that?

Hubris. It's why the Americans beat the British, it's how the Vietnameese beat the Americans and if unchecked, will be the downfall of Microsoft.

Hubris (/hjuːbrɪs/) or hybris (/'haɪbrɪs/) (ancient Greek ὕβρις), mythology is a term used in modern English to indicate overweening pride, superciliousness, or arrogance, often resulting in fatal retribution. In ancient Greece, hubris referred to actions which, intentionally or not, shamed and humiliated the victim, and frequently the perpetrator as well. It was most evident in the public and private actions of the powerful and rich.

I still can't decide if this thread is a giant stealth trolling...but I am leaning towards yes after this last post.

Leaning???

And genius me just bumped it . . .

looking at the news and the economa in general, MS is one of the healthiest companies out there.

Look at Ford, Sony, Panasonic, GM (Opel), etc.

Posting a 17bln $ profit is not bad these days.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Steroid said:
Ail said:

Guerilla warfare?

Those analogies are pretty bad dude

Around the Network

Just to put this in perspective for you:

SNE +1.06 -->16.78 today///52 week high-->52.36 decade low 23$ hit it in december 2008//expected fiscal year loss ~2B

MSFT -.04 -->17.17 today///52 week high -->32.10 decade low 16.36 hit a couple days ago///expected fiscal year profit ~15B

Which company do you think needs investment from people, ie investors, more? Not only is investment key to a company like sony, but this long deep recession is going to put more pressure on it to cut even more costs to remain solvent. Business does not look good for any company this year, but sony remains in a depressing position.

So I'm thinking of dropping my savings into msft right now, good move or not? I have slightly under 2k -_- yes i'm poor.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

YES!

Investing in microsoft wouldn't be a bad idea. As a company they aren't going anywhere and if their shareprices really have dropped a lot you'd make a lot of money when the share price inevitably goes up when the market starts to improve.