By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Stock down to its lowest level in 11 years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/24/microsoft-outlook-dreary_n_169594.html

Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said Tuesday outlook for the company would remain dreary through its fiscal year ending in June.

The stock traded down to its lowest level in 11 years on the news.

Ballmer also reiterated his desire to talk with new Yahoo Inc. Chief Executive Carol Bartz, but he's getting the cold shoulder.

Henry Blodget thinks the power dynamic between Microsoft and Yahoo has shifted.

The Microsoft chief also said the company was unlikely to gain much ground against Google, and that Apple Inc. has eaten into about one percentage point of market share in the desktop computer market.

Still, all is not rosy for Apple either, with one analyst downgrading the stock on Tuesday.

We all know that Sony has been hit hard by the recession. My question to you gamers out there is: do you think Microsoft will continue to slash prices and pay for exclusive content on the X-Box 360 with its stock value lower then it has been since the 90's?

Around the Network

If Microsoft was smart(and they are)they wouldnt stop buying exclusives and slashing prices for the 360.

Both investments have paid off so far,why change?

Netbooks seem to be M$'s main problem at this point in time.

snyperdud said:
If Microsoft was smart(and they are)they wouldnt stop buying exclusives and slashing prices for the 360.

I don't own a 360 whats the word on lost and the damned sales?

Microsoft makes something like $5 billion profit per year.....even a 20% drop in stocks and sales would still be $4 billion a yr.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

Around the Network
Steroid said:
snyperdud said:

The only Microsoft could track it. So,who knows.

Wait... are you conflating stock and profit?

"I do not think it means what you think it means." :)

(Or am I the confused one?)

snyperdud said:
Steroid said:
snyperdud said:

What about MrStickballs XBLA sales articles.

Zomb1337 said:
Microsoft makes something like $5 billion profit per year.....even a 20% drop in stocks and sales would still be $4 billion a yr.

And if they loose a billion every year they cease to exist.

TWRoO said:
snyperdud said:
Steroid said:
snyperdud said:

What about MrStickballs XBLA sales articles.

I guess,If those are official numbers.