By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - id's software's John Cormack might do a Wii game (and other news)

famousringo said:
Sounds like he has a young child which brought him around. It sounds like he's inerested but he doesn't actually have any active projects in the works.

Man these established developers move slow. By the time these guys are ready to come aboard, their target genres are all going to be hit by younger, hungrier companies ready to turn the modest success of their first venture into a new established franchise.

*parrots*

It's like the producer for RE5 saying that he wants to make another game for the Wii, even if it's RE:UC 2, it STILL probably won't be still 2011ish. =p

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network
famousringo said:

Man these established developers move slow. By the time these guys are ready to come aboard, their target genres are all going to be hit by younger, hungrier companies ready to turn the modest success of their first venture into a new established franchise.

Isn't that the way these things usually go? Big ships can't turn as easily as yachts, yadayadayada. I'm actually pretty sympathetic for some of those companies, as adjusting to the new winds would involve re-crossing dangerous waters and keelhauling half the crew. Makes it natural to try and weather the storm, especially if you believe that a safe harbor is close by.

........I'm a little ashamed of the above post.

I remember reading an interview with John Carmack back in the day where he was asked whether he wasn't brining Doom 3 to the Gamecube because the Gamecube wasn't powerful enough where John Carmack (essentially) said that he thought that the Gamecube was (in many ways) better suited to what he did with the Doom 3 engine but he didn't believe that Doom 3 was a good fit for the Gamecube ... While some people jumped on this that John Carmack thought the Gamecube was "Kiddie" many people believed that his comment was just the result of an old rift between Nintendo and id.

Now, although it is disapointing that he is late to the party, it would be really interesting to see what John Carmack will do ... I'm not letting my expectations get too high though, after all id produces impressive tech-demoes and pretty mediocre games.