By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not trynna start a flamewar but when do you think DS Japan=PSP WW

When do you guys think the DS Japanese sales will match or beat those of the PSP... if you think it will happen... I for one don't think this one will happen till this time next year to be honest... Your thoughts guys...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Can we stop starting post titles with "Not Trying to Start a Flamewar but.. " ??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Well it's sort of his trademark now.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

With release PSP Slim i am no't sure that DS(japan) will surpass PSP WW this year...Next year it is possible if DS sales go strong and PSP Slim don't help PSP much.

@ ClaudeLv250

Yes I have used it on a previous post when asking when Wii US=PS3 WW and I am using it again... But it's because i seriously don't wanna get flamed... =(

DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

PS3:

Around the Network

Of course now you are getting flamed for your title. Best just to have guts and put it out there. This site is all aboiut predicting crossovers. No one is going to be mad at you. Of course there will be some that come in and say you are gloating or picking a fight, but that's just natural. Just pose the question and let everyone discuss. Most of the time it is best to stay out of the little complaints about the thread. That's what they want...to derail the topic.

Back on topic....March of next year. BTW, I'm not good at the whole prediction thing.

Nor am i... I aint the best predictor super-etecoon... I can never make up my damn mind... but yea I was thinking Summer next year... or late august/september next year myself but yeaa what u say is feasible too...

PS3:

Won't ever if both have the same lifespan, is the reasonable answer if you look at the past and the current trend :o)

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=DS&reg1=Japan&cons2=PSP&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=------
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=DS&reg1=Japan&cons2=PSP&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=------&weekly=1

remember ben past data is nuffin 2 go by... their are so many other variables to consider...

PS3:

Hasn't DS in Japan been outselling PSP worldwide by like 30-40k a week? It's gonna take quite a long time at a pace like that though.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X