By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vagabonds View: I just played through Flower. I have to say, I am blown away.

Everybody has to buy this.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

^^^Agreed^^^

Everyone with a PS3 has to get this

...Why do I have so little free time these days...screw all this law school and responsibility stuff...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I got it too, and it is amazing, I just thought the artistic style and the pace you flew around and the idea of nothing like a health bar, or repercussions to missing a flower or anything wasn't an issue, it was in the truest sense a game that is relaxing, and the controls and the way you float around is fun. Although my wife comes down stairs while I'm playing, and I'm thinking oh, she'll be pleasantly surprised that I'm playing a game where I'm not killing people, and instead she says, "boy this is gay." and that probably sums up why the game won't do well.

akuma587 said:
...Why do I have so little free time these days...screw all this law school and responsibility stuff...

Flower really is (With no Sony bias in any way)  one of the most unique and innovative (and different) games I have ever played.  It breaks just about every boundary that you have learned from playing games.  It's a game that's for some unknown reason fun as hell to play even fun to watch someone else play.

I hope they release more levels and stuff.   Best Downloadable game I've purchased yet.    Everyone needs to play and experience this game. 

It's a total blast.  If you're one of those people out there looking at this game like("What the heck do I even do in this game?"  "This isn't my type of game it's really artsy and casual")   you seriously should consider buying this game regardless.  I was in a similar position.  

Best part is that it uses the Sixaxis to perfection.

Around the Network

Flower is the video game equivalent of Euphoria.

Edit: Why did I capitalize the "E"?

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

It looked good from what I had seen previously. This confirms that. Great review/post. I enjoyed reading it.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Flower really is tons of fun. I also found that a lot of non gamers really enjoyed playing it as well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

fooflexible said:
I got it too, and it is amazing, I just thought the artistic style and the pace you flew around and the idea of nothing like a health bar, or repercussions to missing a flower or anything wasn't an issue, it was in the truest sense a game that is relaxing, and the controls and the way you float around is fun. Although my wife comes down stairs while I'm playing, and I'm thinking oh, she'll be pleasantly surprised that I'm playing a game where I'm not killing people, and instead she says, "boy this is gay." and that probably sums up why the game won't do well.

For some reason this made me laugh.  Probably because I think my fiance would say the exact same thing lol.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

I was enamored with this game ever since it was first revealed, I knew it would be something special and I wasn't disapointed, in my opinion, IT"S A MASTERPIECE!!!

FOREVER IN DARKNESS!!!

Why is SkyNet wearing a PS3 Logo???