By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wich game will be the first non-nintendo wii million seller in Japan?

dib8rman said:
Beijing Olympics? If thats the same as Mario and Sonic at the Olympics then it's a Sega game, the only helping hand Nintendo had was Shigeru's supervision. What that entails had nothing to do with drawing in other resources of Nintendo. V_V That's been argued way too many times, Mario Hoops was developed by Square Zelda and the Minish Cap was developed by Capcom, but no one contends that, yet Mario and Sonic can't seem to be developed by Sega, it's so wierd.

Mario and Sonic?

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
wfz said:
MontanaHatchet said:
supermario128 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
supermario128 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
supermario128 said:
Mario & Sonic at Beijing Olympic is currently the closest.

Except it's published by Nintendo in Japan.

Even so, it's not a Nintendo game, it's a Sega game. The OP said non-Nintendo, it didn't say Nintendo couldn't publish it.

So then why is it not a Nintendo game? It was dually developed by both Nintendo and Sega.

Well, on the game database it says it was developed by Sega...

Sorry you were mislead then. Thanks for notifying me about the error.

What? As far as I know, the two games (Wii and DS versions) were completely developed by Sega, Nintendo just let them use the Mario franchise. Even if a few guys from Nintendo went over to guide and/or help Sega make the games, it was still Sega who made them, not Sega & Nintendo.

Hmm, you may be right. Gamefaqs said it was dually developed but Wikipedia has it as being developed by Sega only. I'll go with your side.

Wow, apparently Miyamoto oversaw the whole project. I wonder how much interaction he actually had? My expectations for the Winter Games is a bit higher now...

wfz said:
ph4nt said:
might as well say non nintendo million seller period.

I don't think 360 or PS3 have any yet, and I don't see anything else coming out soon that can do it.

Monster Hunter might be able to, but For some reason I don't see this game breaking 750k.

That's an extremely ignorant comment. Either that or you're just trolling.

When does Monster Hunter come out?

EDIT: Ph4nt's comment could have also just been sarcasm, but that joke is so old and lame that the idea didn't even come to my mind.

Neither the 360 nor the PS3 have a single game that cracked a million sales in Japan.  The best-selling PS3 game in Japan is MGS4, at 0.67 million, just ahead of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, at 0.64 million.  The best-selling 360 game in Japan is Dead or alive 4, at 0.11 million, just ahead of both Halo 3 and Lost Planet at 0.10 million each.

The only console games that broke a million in Japan so far this gen are Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Party 8, Animal Crossing: City Folk, and Super Mario Galaxy.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
wfz said:
ph4nt said:

I don't think 360 or PS3 have any yet, and I don't see anything else coming out soon that can do it.

Monster Hunter might be able to, but For some reason I don't see this game breaking 750k.

EDIT: Ph4nt's comment could have also just been sarcasm, but that joke is so old and lame that the idea didn't even come to my mind.

Neither the 360 nor the PS3 have a single game that cracked a million sales in Japan.  The best-selling PS3 game in Japan is MGS4, at 0.67 millionm just ahead of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, at 0.64 million.  The best-selling 360 game in Japan is Dead or alive 4, at 0.11 million, just ahead of both Halo 3 and Lost Planet at 0.10 million each.

The only console games that broke a million in Japan so far this gen are Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Party 8, Animal Crossing: City Folk, and Super Mario Galaxy.

Wait, what?

MontanaHatchet said:
wfz said:
ph4nt said:

Neither the 360 nor the PS3 have a single game that cracked a million sales in Japan.  The best-selling PS3 game in Japan is MGS4, at 0.67 millionm just ahead of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, at 0.64 million.  The best-selling 360 game in Japan is Dead or alive 4, at 0.11 million, just ahead of both Halo 3 and Lost Planet at 0.10 million each.

Wait, what?

Yeah.  I got all the numbers from VGChartz.  You may have heard of the place.

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=X360&publisher=&sort=Total

That's the 360 list.  DOA4 is actually the bottom game on the list in worldwide sales, but #1 in the Japanese category.  And yes, Halo 3 and Lost Planet are tied for 2nd.

Around the Network

Definitely MH3, since it releases this year.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

MontanaHatchet said:
wfz said:
ph4nt said:

Wait, what?

That's the 360 list.  DOA4 is actually the bottom game on the list in worldwide sales, but #1 in the Japanese category.  And yes, Halo 3 and Lost Planet are tied for 2nd.

All things considered, this is a better tool to use for that sort of thing.

MontanaHatchet said:
MontanaHatchet said:
wfz said:
ph4nt said:

Wait, what?

All things considered, this is a better tool to use for that sort of thing.

Oh shit.  Thanks.  I didn't even consider that some games might not break a million worldwide and wouldn't be on the list, like Blue Dragon.  That should've been obvious, since I'd read that it was the best-selling 360 game in Japan dozens of times by now.