By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm a Killzone 2 fan but I gotta admit , it was a waste of good graphics.

This isn't a troll thread , I can't imagine it would be possible to troll on your most anticipated game but I thought i'd let something be known. I think awesome , high end juggernaught , crysis wannabe graphics were wasted on the mostly gritty and dark enviroments Killzone 2 had , i'd have much prefered high end graphics on a game with a larger and brighter colour palette like Sonic , Mirros Edge , Heavenly Sword.

I haven't been wowed by killzone 2's graphics ever ( the physics , animations are ftw though ) and I never understood why , the general consensus was they are godly , the best on any console thus far. But I realised that it was the enviroments that lacked apeal , they were immersive and fit for purpose but not incredibly interesting...very bland.

There's still uncharted 2 , heavy rain , ratchet and clank sequels coming out to weaken the argument but what I'm really trying to say is that the graphical jugernaughts for the PS3 ought to be games with amazing enviroments not neccaserily colourful but interesting at least , from what i've seen and played in the demo Killzone 2 isn' that.

My interest in killzone 2  lies more in the gameplay/multiplayer but I can't knock the visuals entirely they are impressive.

Around the Network

Meh i prefer gritty, compared to clean. It sounds like it's just a taste problem, as i don't find the levels I have played so far in the beta, from what i have seen in screens etc don't look dull. They're very, very rich detailed levels, with a gritty feel to them and perfect this type of game.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

you played the game already, or is this more review of a damn demo?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I felt the graphical style of the game was phenominal.

For an fps i prefer a darker,grittier look.

Not colorful Butterflies and rainbows.

Uh it's not a review , and it's not an attack either psrock . No need to go on the offensive because i'm giving a realistic take on the game on not screaming K2 hype because every other ps fan is.

@snyper  please read the post properly , I already said the graphics where fit for purpose. I'm just saying it's like an opportunity cost.

What was I thinking i'm saying something that could be interprited as anti-sony , this won't end well.

Around the Network

Spose it's a taste thing, but for clean environments we have Uncharted, R&C etc

I'd say wait for the entire game to come out before posting a thread like this, the demo was rather short. You've only seen one level, the environments get more diverse.

HEY!! I LOVE GRAY, buddy...

OT: SONY could just make a colorful game with the engine... perhaps an RPG?

4 ≈ One

I do agree. I like Uncharted's graphics better because the areas are bright (except when your in a cave!) and it makes it nicer to have good graphics.

I think with KZ2's dark environment they could get away with average graphics and it would still be a great game.

Owner of 360

Future owner of a PS3 (when it drops to $300)

Yeah, Killzone's graphics were wasted on an average game.

Just think... what if it were a Zelda game with these graphics, or anything with large worlds. That would be sick.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!