By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Vs Xbox 360. CNET Prizefighter

I sat and watched the video and laughed at a couple of the ponits they raised. Yes GTA4 has D/L for the 360 but Unreal Tornament there isn't any for the 360. as here...
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/02/unreal-tournament-3-dlc-to-be-free-but-only-on-the-ps3pc.ars

So it's all 6 and two 3's.

As for other factors like online and games, Online yes PS3 has room for improvement but it's free, and games... well both systems boast great games.

Good to see this site is still going 

Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:

L4D is coming to the PS3? lol, It's funny how they mention there is nothing graphically like Killzone 2 on the 360, yet they give both the same for graphics 

So no Wii game should ever get higher than a 5 for graphics? Because no Wii game can physically match the other two consoles?

"Graphics" should be all of these factors:

i) Objectively how good is it

ii) How far have they pushed the system?

iii) Art direction, tone, style, how well it suited the game, etc.

iv) Does the level of graphics match the gameplay (no good having 16xAA 1080p Tetris)?

Soleron said:
blazinhead89 said:

L4D is coming to the PS3? lol, It's funny how they mention there is nothing graphically like Killzone 2 on the 360, yet they give both the same for graphics 

So no Wii game should ever get higher than a 5 for graphics? Because no Wii game can physically match the other two consoles?

iv) Does the level of graphics match the gameplay (no good having 16xAA 1080p Tetris)?

Imagine no. iv... that'll be a laugh!

Good to see this site is still going 

Soleron said:
blazinhead89 said:

I agree with the other points, and absolute fidelity isn't the be-all of impressive visuals. Judging how far they push the system just doesn't work because all it means is a spiralling content budget and derivative gameplay as rising cost tends to reduce the risk a publisher is willing to make.

Tease.

PS3 is still the better buy due to its included features like free online, blu-ray, and browser.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
blazinhead89 said:

Please don't put words into my mouth , I didn't say "No wii game can have graphics higher than 5" . I agree with the rest of your statement though. But in the Vid, They said, MGS4 and Killzone 2, those type of quality Graphically games are not to be seen on 360. But they give the same score for graphics? That is BS imo.

blazinhead89 said:

Please don't put words into my mouth , I didn't say "No wii game can have graphics higher than 5" . I agree with the rest of your statement though. But in the Vid, They said, MGS4 and Killzone 2, those type of quality Graphically games are not to be seen on 360. But they give the same score for graphics? That is BS imo.

No, you've fallen back into the trap. You appear to be saying; no Xbox 360 game can score graphically as high as the best-looking PS3 games. That is exactly the same as what I was saying , except I used an absurd example to illustrate the point. But it's the same flaw.

Soleron said:
blazinhead89 said:

No, you've fallen back into the trap. You appear to be saying; no Xbox 360 game can score graphically as high as the best-looking PS3 games. That is exactly the same as what I was saying , except I used an absurd example to illustrate the point. But it's the same flaw.

I didn't say this, it's a quote from The vid. My point is why they score the same if THEY said it themselves . I didn't say this. I said why did they score it the same ?

blazinhead89 said:

I didn't say this, it's a quote from The vid. My point is why they score the same if THEY said it themselves . I didn't say this. I said why did they score it the same ?

When they say "the graphics are better", they mean objectively: textures on screen, framerate, AA. When they give the score, it takes into account the other factors I mentioned.

If you were to score the best looking game on the DS, wouldn't you give it a 10? Despite the fact it's certainly inferior to most PS3 games?

Kind of fair I feel