By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SF4 is impossible

If you taunt the cpu they will be very difficult to beat. Amazing!!

dont taunt the cpu unless you want a real challenge.

Around the Network

Agree with u of all the Street fighter games ive played this one is the hardest one, i began playing on medium and i must say i never had this much problem to beat it. Havent tryed it yet on hardest mode.

That is mostly why I don't like fighting games. They start easy, and are kinda fun, then just get insanely hard and turn frustrating.

numonex said:

Block the opponents moves. Mash the buttons really fast and learn those combos. Fighter games are just button mashers and whoever presses the buttons fastest wins most of the time.

Clearly you know nothing about fighters .

"Mash the buttons really fast and learn those combos. Fighter games are just button mashers and whoever presses the buttons fastest wins most of the time."

"Spam the "knockout" move... Or play with cheap characters"

You know, there is a reason you can't beat this guy

"why does balance matter at all, really?"

And this was just stupid

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Around the Network
disolitude said:
cura said:
disolitude said:
cura said:
I love this game. Probably the best money I've spent this generation considering the amount of hours I'm going to get out of it. Nonetheless, I acknowledge that this game won't appeal to everyone.

Why wouldnt it? its super street fighter 2 turbo with a dash of SF3 and pretty graphics.

Never played SF3 so I can't comment but it's definitely alot different to street fighter 2 turbo and anyone who says otherwise simply hasn't delved deep enough.

Im sorry but this game is mostly based on Sf2. I've played SF series for over 15 years now and have played each version of the game.  Other than the new characters and people from Alpha series ,all returning fighters have the exact special moves and supers. The characters move a little different and have slightly different range for their moves but once you figure out timing it plays exactly like SF2 series.

The new stuff they added like EX moves, Focus attack (essentially a parry), taunt, 2 button throw and dash forward are all from Street Fighter 3.

Revenge meter is new to the series...and thats pretty much it.

You said the game was basically SSF2 turbo with a dash of SF3. I can't comment on SF3 but you basically supported my point that it's not like SSF2 turbo. I know for a fact that SSF2 turbo didn't have ultras, or focus attacks, or armour breakers, or EX moves, or quick recoveries, or dashes, or cancels, or throw escapes, or unique attacks, or even the sheer number of combos possible in SFIV. Also, a number of the classic characters have been significantly altered since SSF2 turbo. Additionally, SFIV has many more playable characters than SSF2 turbo, added gameplay modes (time attack, survival, trial, and trainning mode), and a ton of unlockables.

Sure at it's core it does share some similarities with SSF2 turbo but when you start exploring the many gameplay intracacies and tweaks added since then it becomes a very different game.

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent. My main point was that no game can satisfy everyone, and if anything your opinion about SFIV only proves my point.

@cure

I agree that they've added enough variety and changes to justify releasing the game as Street Fighter 4...i was talking more about the bottom line, core gameplay...

Like while I play online against human opponents...the zoning that players are doing to me makes me smile...as it makes me feel like im in 1994.

I suggest giving SF3:third strike a shot once you are done with SF4. I have strong beliefs that you will feel like SF4 was a prequel to SF3 gameplay wise... We already know it is story wise :)

Learn to use focus atttack. Don`t expect all games to be like gears of war which you can jump in and learn everything in 30 min. Also read the instruction booklet.
Thank you

Congrats to all hardcore players out there with Street Fighter IV. Hardcore is back. Button mashing is history :)

hmmm thats really odd.... i played this game on the hardest setting (something I do with every streetfighter...that might explain it lols) and i was able to beat him after about 3 attempts.... its not really that hard... I found just going insane worked well enough (though Im not sure if it was a fluke cus i havent played it since)

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

im playing on the easiest setting.........difficulty jumps up when u play ur rival, if its abel he is annoying with them throw moves.......1st round of seth is easy then it get ridiculously hard, i just beat seth with zangief if was a nightmare, seth isnt a good last boss, m.bison should have been last boss, plus i miss the plane shoot over before a new match. game is really good especially online

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...