By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Coffee break tales (KZ2 vs SF4)

My life...

This morning, I was at coffee break with two coworkers when one of them told me: "D -1"

I was like "What???", he answered "D -1 before Street fighter 4 release!!"

And we started chatting about SF, then I told "I'm more waiting for the 25" EU release of Killzone 2.

While both known the date of release of SF4 (one's got a wii and the other one a PC), none of them ever heard about KZ2...

/My life.

It's only a single experience, but I think it shows us the difference between internet hype and the real world.

At least it lowered my hopes to see KZ2 achieving great sales, and totally anihilated the thought that it could become a system seller. I now think SF4 will crush it in sales.

What are your experiences with real world people when you tell them about KZ2?

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Around the Network

this thread makes me not want to post in it cause it makes me sad. the friends i have are an exception in that we're all heavy gamers. A few non-gamers knew about it and said it looked decent and when they play it they'll judge it, but some..uhh what....do you play Call of Duty X(

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

I don't think anecdotal evidence works very well in the case of sales. Look back through the polls, there's something called "Which of the following games will sell the best?"

Read it, have a good laugh. Yeah, I voted LBP, too

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I know that is totally anecdotal and is not at all a proof of anything, that's why I asked about your experiences.

Here everyone knows about KZ2, but what's for the rest of the world?

Nobody has friends to talk with?
Do they know killzone?

I'll add that I just shown my coworkers a video of killzone 2 gameplay, and they were like "Holy shit!! Incredible!"
Not going to buy a PS3 for it still, but killzone needs more advertising!!

Around the Network

Most of my gaming friends know about KZ2, but that's because of me.

I've seen alot of advertising for Killzone 2 in game stores here, but to be honest, it gets painted like PS3's much grittier Halo, heck even one of the shop assistants was comparing it to Halo when asked about what game was in that Video.

"Oh yeah, that's Killzone 2. It's like Halo, but only on the PS3"

Even as a person that's sceptical about Killzone 2 (read: Mild 360 fanboy), that's still a facepalm from me.

My friend is more excited about RE5. I showed him the KZ2 demo and he was really quick to jump on the controls - didn't take long for him to hand me back the controller. As for the gameplay itself, I didn't exacly expect him to be impressed....I personally thought the demo was pretty lacking too. I'm really glad the multiplayer controls are somewhat faster in MP - it'll at least be abit friendlier to my casual friends.

As for the rest of them, alot of people around here give into word-of-mouth pretty easy so convincing them shouldn't be too hard.....that is, if the full game really is much better than the demo. About 4 other friends and I are still stuck playing CoD5's multiplayer, and lately I think it's been pretty obvious that were all gettin kinda bored of it.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

All of my friends with PS3s have heard of Killzone 2 (thanks to me), they have all heard of SFIV as well, but nobody has any interest in it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective