By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 games you hate that everyone else loves!

1. The Halo Series. The most overrated shooter I have ever experienced.
2. Left 4 Dead & most other Valve games (excluding Half-Life 2). All of their games are Half-Life 2 but with a different purpose.
3. The Call of Duty Series. Beyond cliche and I really don't see the need for a new one every year. Modern Warfare is an exception.
4. Super Smash Bros. Series. Seriously fraud style of fighting IMO.
5. Super Mario 64. I never saw everyone's fascination with this.

Around the Network

Mario,Call of Duty:WaW,SSBB,MP,Zelda,WoW,Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, the sims, Madden, Need for Speed,and any other sports games but i do enjoy FF series before 11,Gears of War 2,GTA IV, and Loco Roco 2.

- metal gear solid
- Zelda *runs like the wind*

Come on man it's Mortal Kombat! K. why do people keep messing this up!?

at any rate great thread.

1. Gran Turismo (3 specifically) The goddamn game handles like a shopping cart and is completely UNrealistic. When the first one came out it was ingenuitive and fresh. By the time 3 came out, there was much better competition and sophisticated engines out there. Not ventured into recent ones but Forza and PGR look better to me. GRiD and DiRT also.

2. Madden (All) Obviously this is my most hated and one of the most popular franchises. but, It didn't outsell GT3 worldwide and quite a bit of gamers hate it or are apathetic to it which is why this falls to second place for the purpose of this thread. These games have ALWAYS been inferior and it blows my mind that anyone could sit down and play that crap, much less buy it for full price. Especially in the droves that they are sold. For more info archive my posts

3. Grand Theft Auto (again 3 specifically) - The series was not that great from the start. I played 1 and 2 they were crap, I was interested in London 1969 it looked better but never played it. I havent played IV so I can't judge that, but III and it's spin offs. ROYAL CRAP!! Framerate issues, fuckin messy controls, pop-up like hell (at least on PS2). Contrived design which really amounted to nothing more than sensless violence and is at best Mediocre gameplay. Another sign of mass consumerism dicking the game market.

- After these three entries I emphatically protest anyone claiming that Nintendo is responsible for Casual saturation -

4. Metal Gear - There were some justly mad at MGS2 when it came out, Otherss defended that crap with their life mostly because they wanted to justify forking over $300 for that wretched shitstem that had little other games on it worth playing. They waited for MGs2 for like a year or so and when it came out were in disbelief. but given a mixed feeling of MGS2 that title is not what is on the list here. It's the original Metal gear and god awful Snake's Revenge. Really since MGS made it big people started the "hardercore than thou" flaunt and claimed how great the original was probably without ever having seen it. When MGS2 came out I saw a significant rise to these claims.
For those who never played NES Metal Gear. Let me tell you something. In order to finish the game there are 3 or 4 different parts of the game that are actually glitched, if you don't knoe those "scenes" are glitched (mostly learned through magazine/gamefaqs) then you'll probably never get through it, and so the game is broken.

5. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater - The original game looke terrible, sounded terrible, controlled terrible, and just felt like crap all around. How this took off and became so popular is beyond me. I would give the game no higher than a 3 in reviews, but the masses bought it whoresale. Now theres like what 11 of these damn games. Maybe there were improvements on the way but that original shouldn't have seen the light of day. It gets extra hate points for encouraging dumb kids to hurt themselves by going out and trying to skateboard and "trick" in RL with having no prior experience or practising.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Commando said:

Oh I know it's a K! I was just typing too fast to realize that I had a brain fart when I spelled it with a C!

Well that, and I never made it past the green level in Hooked on Phonics  :(

Around the Network

"Hate" is such a strong word. The following are games that people loved that I never got into.

1. Castlevania series
2. 2D Metroid (Corruption was ok to me)
3. Star Ocean series
4. Gran Turismo series
5. Games by Naughty Dog (I love Insomniac's)

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Toefactor said:
Commando said:

Oh I know it's a K! I was just typing too fast to realize that I had a brain fart when I spelled it with a C!

Well that, and I never made it past the green level in Hooked on Phonics  :(

Ahhhh I see.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Games I Hate...

1)Pokemon(All)
2)Street Fighter(New Ones, Not the Snes Ver.)
3)Metal Gear Solid(All)
4)Devil May Cry(All)
5)Final Fantasy(All)

I dont really hate this games, but i dont love them as much as the whole world.

1- Halo3 (almost identical to halo2, witch i played for 3 years)
2- Assasins Creed (Ultra hype, average game)
3- FF Cronicles series
4-tomb raider series
5- all Devil may cry games except for the first

PSN = vic_haste

1) GTA 4, this game sucked the life out of me (shut up Roman, i don't want to talk to you) It wasn't that it was a bad game at all. It's just that they took every thing that was enjoyable out of previous iterations and didn't tell anyone before it launched.

2) Super Smash Bros. - Can't stand most of the people that play this game. (sorry guys)

3) Anything with Jodie Foster (Not really a game but I hate her)

4) Tetris

5) Wind Waker God I hate this game so much

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made