By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its so sad when games like these sell.

So we have different target audiences game developers are selling different types of games. Business is business. Make games and sell them to different people and expand the video game market.

Those in op games are made for young girls aged 8 to 14 and they sell well to the targeted audience.

If I was a parent I would not be buying violent games or sports games for my young daughter.

Around the Network

Where are the games for dirty old men that like to see 18 year old girls with their tits out I want to know!

^^
Thinking about Hannah Montana games mods?  

Edit: thinking more about it, a natural sequel to Wedding Designer would be "First Night Explorer"

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

numonex said:

So we have different target audiences game developers are selling different types of games. Business is business. Make games and sell them to different people and expand the video game market.

Those in op games are made for young girls aged 8 to 14 and they sell well to the targeted audience.

If I was a parent I would not be buying violent games or sports games for my young daughter.

well, that is rather mean of you. Sports can and do entertain girls too.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I am shallow enough to call all the games mentioned in the OP crap. I've never played them, watched videos of them and have no intention of doing so any time in the future or care to change my opinion of them as anything but utter crap. The combination of subject and title was enough for me to gauge my eyes out as is without diving any further.

But hey! At least I'm honest :P

Around the Network

I get that most of FPS:s ar soulless,but they usually won't sell.
Then we have games like Bioshock.

"I am shallow enough to call all the games mentioned in the OP crap. I've never played them, watched videos of them and have no intention of doing so any time in the future or care to change my opinion of them as anything but utter crap. The combination of subject and title was enough for me to gauge my eyes out as is without diving any further.

But hey! At least I'm honest :P"

Finaly a honest answer..

But for Ds users,like me,that play Advance wars,Castlevanias,Megamans,Zeldas,Marios on it,is it good to have these kind of games on libary?
Think if PS3 would get some of those games.It would be end of the world.(100€ bet some1 says LBP)

RolStoppable said:
Criminal916 said:

But for Ds users,like me,that play Advance wars,Castlevanias,Megamans,Zeldas,Marios on it,is it good to have these kind of games on libary?
Think if PS3 would get some of those games.It would be end of the world.(100€ bet some1 says LBP)

The question is why should it be bad for you if these kinds of games are available as long as the games you want to play are there as well?

-People will judge you as a kid,if they see you playing Ds at a buss/train,and they haven't heard of anything else than games like those.

-People think that Ds is for kids.

-Those great games will be forgotton.

-First image.

-Some people,in here or in life shouting stuff like "Go play your pet shop".

^^
Here in Italy DS and Wii are very clearly targeted and advertised for all ages, we have no problem about this.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Criminal916 said:
RolStoppable said:

The question is why should it be bad for you if these kinds of games are available as long as the games you want to play are there as well?

-People will judge you as a kid,if they see you playing Ds at a buss/train,and they haven't heard of anything else than games like those.

-People think that Ds is for kids.

-Those great games will be forgotton.

-First image.

-Some people,in here or in life shouting stuff like "Go play your pet shop".

It doesn't matter how "mature" the games are rated. PS3, X360, Wii, DS, and PSP are all generally viewed as kids toys.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Criminal916 said:
I get that most of FPS:s ar soulless,but they usually won't sell.
Then we have games like Bioshock.

"I am shallow enough to call all the games mentioned in the OP crap. I've never played them, watched videos of them and have no intention of doing so any time in the future or care to change my opinion of them as anything but utter crap. The combination of subject and title was enough for me to gauge my eyes out as is without diving any further.

But hey! At least I'm honest :P"

Finaly a honest answer..

Actually, your thread is showing something interesting. Actually, it's the reason the PS3 is in last place. The Ps3, of all 3 home consoles, is the one that targets the smallest audience (mostly 15-35 males). LittleBigPlanet is the closest game that could appeal to girl but to be honest, it appeals more to the Mario crowd which is the PS3 usual audience. Those Imagine games that you hate so much are something aimed at another demographic and they succeed selling to that audience. It really doesn't change anything for you as a DS gamer.

As for why Valkyria Chronicles didn't sell, it's because SRPG tends to be really hard and I don't know if it's true for this one but that ould definitely explain why the game doesn't sell.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...