By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chrono Trigger's the hardest RPG in history

You all are noobs.

Now, you want a hard RPG?

Go play Ys: Book 1&2

Around the Network

Wonderers from Ys 3 (SNES, US) was the hardest one I ever played. That was about the only tough one I couldn't beat.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

tehsage said:
You all are noobs.

Go play Ys: Book 1&

*goes back to his noob hole*

mrstickball said:
Wonderers from Ys 3 (SNES, US) was the hardest one I ever played. That was about the only tough one I couldn't beat.

I beat it! Final battle took me over a dozen tries though.

Hardest game for me was Zelda 2, those last 2 bosses where just horrid.

mrstickball said:

Noob.

All the bosses have a set pattern; exploit it! Also, remember that you can leave the fight at any time, so use that to study the boss before going all in. Additionally, never forget to use your rings, especially the Protect Ring. Admittedly, it's still a tough game, because your attack range is so small, but persevere and you'll get through it.

Alternatively, you could just track down a copy of Oath in Felghana: same story, infinitely better game. I love Wanderers, but it can't hold a candle to Felghana.

End nerdgasm.

tehsage said:
You all are noobs.

Go play Ys: Book 1&2

Come now. Those were ridiculously easy, especially when compared to V and Origins.  All you need to beat 1&2 is either: a willingness to grind for a few minutes, or cat-like reflexes. One is more fun than the other...

Around the Network

Rofl

As much as I love JRPG's, I think I just suck at them.

I get tricked so damn easily. I know I spent over an hour flying around looking for Zaude in Vesperia, not knowing that's where I was suspose to go.

I need to try an old Ys again... haven't played them since I was significantly shorter, and even then I didn't play them much... They're all action RPGs, right? Kind of Illusion of Gaia/Secret of Mana gameplay, but harder?

I think there's a different challenge involved in more turn-based games... and by the way, I have something harder than Lufia now that I think about it: Seventh Saga.

Destiny Blade said:
Rofl

I get tricked so damn easily. I know I spent over an hour flying around looking for Zaude in Vesperia, not knowing that's where I was suspose to go.

Just out of curiosity, where are you in the game? Did you get lost looking for Melchior or something?

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Alic0004 said:
I need to try an old Ys again... haven't played them since I was significantly shorter, and even then I didn't play them much... They're all action RPGs, right? Kind of Illusion of Gaia/Secret of Mana gameplay, but harder?

Correct in the genre, but you (usually) don't have to press any button to attack: it's all about the angles. They're also far more about the combat than the puzzles/story (although they have enough of both of those too). If you're interested, I can answer any questions you have, or direct you to a great fansite on the series.

Johann said:
Destiny Blade said:
Rofl

Just out of curiosity, where are you in the game? Did you get lost looking for Melchior or something?

This is going to sound incredibly noobish, but...

The part when you go back into the past and need to save that queen or whatever. I don't know how far I am, but I've got 4:53 hours on it so far.