By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gamestop reports 360 sales double since price cut...

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=17237 "Although the price drop on the Xbox 360 was relatively minor, DeMatteo said that sales for all three SKUs nearly doubled. " So that's one data point... If 360 sales actually double in next NPD that will be 340,000!

Around the Network

Price Cut
Halo
Xmas spike already starting.

All I can say is Microsoft keep up the good work!!!

Yeah, they also reported the same when the PS3 had it's price cut

SamuelRSmith said:
Yeah, they also reported the same when the PS3 had it's price cut

Yep, and they say the PS3 increased sales have continued. So there is good news for PS3 also.

However, 360 price cut was much smaller. It will be quite impressive if 360 can double sales with such a small cut. 

Around the Network

price cut + good games (madden/bioshock)

it just shows that people want to buy Xbox360 if they can

Wii will not dominate for eternity

Time to Work !

All HD Consoles need is a consumer friendly price to compete. The games are there for the 360 with more on the way, and the games are coming for the PS3.

libellule said:
price cut + good games (madden/bioshock)

it just shows that people want to buy Xbox360 if they can

Wii will not dominate for eternity

am i one of the only people who doesnt see BioShock moving that many consoles due to there being PC version thats actually better in every way?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

This was likely caused by a combination of things... The Bioshock surprise, Halo Hype, The Price cut, the warranty, the Madden PS3 issue, the new HDMI hardware, and the Warhawk and Lair reviews.

Dolla Dolla said:
All HD Consoles need is a consumer friendly price to compete. The games are there for the 360 with more on the way, and the games are coming for the PS3.

Larger number of people buying laptops may be hurting PC gaming options.  No clue if it is true but I know if I wanted to play Bioshock I would have to buy and XBox or pull out an old desktop and do a large amount of updating.  With the cost of a good graphics card it is going to cost about the same amount as a console, it would be a lot more to update my desktop.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad