By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Inconsistent numbers: Can VGCharts really be off by this much?

Around the Network

I'm sure your expertese would be greatly appreciated on NextGenWars

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Wow, settle down people it was a fair question. He got his answer, no need to freak out on the guy.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Ishy said:
Don't worry mate the numbers on the front page will be changed to reflect this... this month they also undertracked the Wii... so don't worry ioi will sort it out...

I KNEW it.

This means..hmhmhmhm...my July prediction was right.

But I don't hold it against them. They do very well and are the closest market trackers available. With time they get better and better. 

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network
johnlucas said:
Ishy said:
Don't worry mate the numbers on the front page will be changed to reflect this... this month they also undertracked the Wii... so don't worry ioi will sort it out...

I KNEW it.

But I don't hold it against them. They do very well and are the closest market trackers available. With time they get better and better.

John Lucas

Was waiting for you to show up and say this lol

To Each Man, Responsibility

i dont see what people problems are ?
VGchartz is the jmost accurate weekly hardware and software charts your ever going to get. they are rarely more than 10% off, and if they are, the overall numbers are then adjusted

quit yer bitchin'

johnlucas said:
Ishy said:

I KNEW it.

John Lucas 

The 360 was also undertracked. The Aug. 5 update showed the 360 aheads by some 200-250K - even if you had the 40-50K from the NPD numbers that VGChartz didn't have, and it still didn't pass in July.

Still, you were a lot closer than the people laughing at you.

ihatejunkmail0 said:

I'm rather surprised by how defensive this response is. I was simply asking a question in which I clearly stated that I must be reading it wrong (i.e. already admitting I could be at fault).

Thanks for the info, but the tone was rather uncalled for.

You have to keep in mind that the board gets slammed with threads bitching and screaming about the numbers being OMG WRONG or SOOOO FAR OFF on a daily basis from people who are simply here to troll against the site or people gorssly misinformed that still feel the need to bitch up a storm. I'm sure most people have lost their patience with these kinds of threads, and this isn't even taking into consideration the heat ioi gets from certain users over numbers whenever some milestone is reached (just look at the wii passing 360 press release comments...plenty of bitching and screaming there) or users like Jasmine.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

You have to keep in mind that the board gets slammed with threads bitching and screaming about the numbers being OMG WRONG or SOOOO FAR OFF on a daily basis from people who are simply here to troll against the site or people gorssly misinformed that still feel the need to bitch up a storm. I'm sure most people have lost their patience with these kinds of threads, and this isn't even taking into consideration the heat ioi gets from certain users over numbers whenever some milestone is reached (just look at the wii passing 360 press release comments...plenty of bitching and screaming there) or users like Jasmine.

Thanks for the insight. I was starting to wonder if the regulars here were really not open to legitimate questions about numbers.  

I'll give the benefit of the doubt and just assume it was a misunderstanding.