By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - “The worst is behind us,” says Greenberg on RROD issues

“The worst is behind us,” says Greenberg on RROD issues

Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg seems to think that the RROD days will soon just be a horrible memory in the history of gaming.

Speaking in an interview with Edge, the Microsoft bossman says, “We’ve improved that [repair] process. It’s very quick, and they may upgrade your system with the latest technology. So that works really well.

“What it comes down to is isolating and figuring out the issue, fixing the issue, and the more that we can fix the issue, and know it’s fixed, then we’re good going forward. We’ve put the worst behind us on this, but we know there are a few lagging systems, and so we want to take those and make it right.”

What these hardware updates are exactly is unknown: Greenberg says isn’t at liberty to divulge the specifications.

Got it here VG247.

At last closure on issue it seems.

Around the Network

I don't think we wil ever get closure on this, we will still have "Xbox 360 owners" "Claiming" that they have had RROD 10 times.

Even though the 3 yr warrenty is up for launch systems I think Microsoft are going to be leanient.

But if we have a 360, will the worst be in front of us?
Geometry joke.
I'll be here all week.

it might be in the past but still frsh in the air, its to bad the rrod had to come along it stained the 360 forever. Atleast in my mind but i will be picking one up in time for alan wake

I think MS has excellent customer service but RROD is not behind them. I follow several message boards and people are still getting RRODs on refurbs. Unless the Jasper is the cure all system the end will never be near. If anything It's costing MS very little to deal with the process if they manage to post another big profit.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

360 should have far less rrod isues now, there are still lots of "e" numbers but you dont really hear 360 fault stori like you used to. early systems might be at risk, but i think microsoft will repeair them at a cheaper cost imo

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I hope my Elite will be upgraded with the latest components, that's all.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

I hope they SEND MY FUCKING 360 BACK! It still isn't here! It's been like a month!

I went through two Xbox 360s....

Its really too bad that neither of them broke, I was feeling so righteous!

Tease.

So there was an issue?

I believe the only reason I never picked up a 360 is because of that issue with RROD. It always confused me why people kept buying them, even people who knew of the issues, it was like buying a suprise box full of fail only because what is inside is a suprise even though it's fore-mentioned that it's contents is fail.

This just means they are saying they repair systems and it's also saying that systems out on the market will need repair.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D