By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the most credible review source?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Gamefaqs user-reviews are what I like reading.

Very few people with agendas and the reviews usually have a lot of interesting info.

I am assuming this is sarcasm even though I never visited that website.

honestly i like they're reviews.  You often have to take em with a grain of salt... but take a good review and a bad review and look at them together and you get a good view.

That's often why i like Metacritic too... I can read 1 or 2 positive reveiws, 3 or 4 negative reviews. 

Then i know whether or not i'll like the game.

NJ5 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Gamefaqs user-reviews are what I like reading.

Very few people with agendas and the reviews usually have a lot of interesting info.

I am assuming this is sarcasm even though I never visited that website.

You should look at it a bit.  Their FAQs and game information are very informative and games with active discussion boards can actually yield a lot of great things as well though their general message boards are pretty poop.  Reviews are just a nice added bonus for when I want some impressions on the game from other people who played it.

Gamekult.com

Maxim

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Gamespot,Pelaajalehti

Friends that I know irl > VGChartz members > Yahztee from Zero Punctuation > The guys from Penny Arcade >>>>>>>> Famitsu > A magic 8 ball >>>>> Any other reviewer

Gamespot and GameFAQs reader reviews. That's not to say that they're always 100% right even in my own view, but they're the most consistent in my case.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

As long as Kevin Vanord (or however you spell his last name) is reviewing the RPG genre, you're bound to get a good review.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

IGN IMO