By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SFIV A NATIONAL SELLOUT In Japan -- Overwhelming demand!!

Street Fighter IV sold out in Japan

The latest word from Capcom is that Street Fighter IV has sold out in Japan. The game was released in Japan on the 12th of February but Capcom has confirmed that “There ARE no more copies to sell on the store shelves.”

According to a post on Capcom’s blog, “Capcom has a few boxes left in the basement that they’ll be sending out on Monday, but they were totally overwhelmed by the demand. Sales couldn’t have been any higher because every single day-one copy in the stores was been sold.” However, never fear because Capcom has reassured fans that there are more copies in existence.

Street Fighter IV will be released on the Xbox 360 and PS3 across North America on the 17th of February 2009. European gamers will get their hands on the beat ‘em up a couple of days later on the 20th of February. Both versions will be shipping simultaneously.

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2009/2/16/street_fighter_iv_sold_out/

________

wow....no wonder the game sold not to well in week 1

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I think the underwhelming console market in Japan seems to make companies put out less software than they would really like to, unless it's a HUGE seller. Still, it's nice to see a fighter make a solid debut.

i'm gonna call semi-BS here, it sold out 50% of its shipment on day 1, that's not anything out of the normal in Japan, it happens all the time. The fact that this comes from a capcom blog doesn't give it that much credibility, if anything it's going to be biased.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Yea, what's up with that. I'd like to see more consoles move in Japan. That market seems so small for a place recognized for pioneering so much of the video game industry.

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

this may be the reason why the 360 got bigger sales than expected...

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
i'm gonna call semi-BS here, it sold out 50% of its shipment on day 1, that's not anything out of the normal in Japan, it happens all the time. The fact that this comes from a capcom blog doesn't give it that much credibility, if anything it's going to be biased.

Sellthrough doesn't rise and fall on Sinobi alone.

I think Capcom may have some validity if they're seeing major re-ordering of SFIV immediately after launch. If Capcom is seeing retailers re-order the game in massive droves....Then why would they be wrong?

Wednesday is only 2 days away. Lets wait and see what Famitsu and MC say.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

the 360 version sold a higher percentage of its shipment on day 1 than the ps3 version, so no.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

The pre-orders for this game was pathetic in Japan, games like Yakuza 3 will beat first week combined SF4 numbers in Japan x 2. Numbers for this game were never going to be big in Japan simply due to the fact that the superior platform has been available for months there.

I myself have had by SF4 fix months ago, many others will be spending £140 on an arcade stick to play on the 360 or PS3 which is just LULZ.

@RPg

if so that would be TERRIBLe week 1 sales for Yakuza 3

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I'm pleased. Hopefully they'll restock quickly.

(But do we really need the explosion of capital letters and exclamation marks, Darth?)