By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Noby Noby Boy is indescribable

Congratulations world, you win. I fail as a journalist. I cannot effectively describe nor offer any critical feedback of Noby Noby Boy. Instead, here's its creator, Keita Takahashi of Katamari fame, trying to do the impossible.

"Basically players can control and stretch Boy, the main character of the game," Takahashi begins. "As players stretch Boy, the lengths to which he grows are uploaded to a persistent character known as Girl, who grows at the same rate as the combined length of all the players in the world. Girl starts at Earth and expands around the solar system. When Girl reaches a new milestone in the solar system, new areas are unlocked as playable stages for everyone around the world."

What? Takahashi, even you can't explain it?

"How come it’s hard to explain, you ask?" he continues. "It’s because I wanted to make a game that cannot be expressed by words in the first place. By making an undefined and ambitious game, I want the player’s reaction to be something like, “I don’t know why, but it’s somehow interesting. I can’t stop playing.” In that way, I would feel I have succeeded at creating what I wanted, that is, creating something that’s not easily describable. Anyway, it’s been a fun experience working on Noby Noby Boy."

Although that experience has been enjoyable, he still isn't sure why he had it in the first place.

"One big question most people have asked is, 'Why did you want to make such a game?' Seriously, I don’t know. When I figure it out, I’ll share it... In the meantime, please take a moment to watch this video."

We've included the mind-melting video below. If you value your sanity, you will not watch this. Noby Noby Boy will be available on the PlayStation Store for $4.99 USD on February 19.

http://www.psu.com/Noby-Noby-Boy-is-indescribable-News--a006448-p0.php

-----------------------------

I stand by my original opinion of "Wtf."

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

That video is wack. It's like a bunch of random shit thrown together on some grass.

^^Agreed!!

lulz, retarded, strangely arousing...

Some of the words that came to mind upon watching that.

It's stuff like this that PSN so freaking awesome!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
lulz, retarded, strangely arousing...

Some of the words that came to mind upon watching that.

Um...because things get longer?

Awesome sig, btw.

Is anyone seriously buying this one?

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

For some reason, the little random bird on the bottom left just adds an extra touch of "wtf?".

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

PSN is unmatched when it comes to games.

...this isn't the best video of this game out there. Some are more detailed and show 'Boy' being controlled...

that doesn't mean I know what the feck is going on though.

Hmm, pie.