By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Concept art for Lionhead's 2 new games

EaglesEye379 said:
I hope this means Lionhead are rebirthing the Syndicate (Justice) and Populous (Survivors) concepts!

Ha, I didn't even think of the similarities between Populous and Survivors! Very astute of you.

Around the Network

I have to say after playing Fable 2, I cannot wait to play either of these games. Lionhead are on a massive roll at the moment. Fable 2 is my 2nd fave game this gen so far.

With the pace Lionhead is usually working on games, these two will probably come in 2011 or might even be released on the third MS console. Molyneux and his team take ages for their few games (or maybe it just feels like ages because he´s talking too early and too often about them).

As others have already mentioned, the one ressembles disaster movies like The Day After Tomorrow, the other one Blade Runner. The artworks look good but extremely unoriginal in my opinion. Could be changed completely with original gameplay though (see Bullfrog´s Syndicate: Blade Runner setting, but original gameplay).

Very interesting. Lionhead (and to a lesser extent, Rare) are the reasons I may one day pick up a 360.

okr said:
With the pace Lionhead is usually working on games, these two will probably come in 2011 or might even be released on the third MS console. Molyneux and his team take ages for their few games (or maybe it just feels like ages because he´s talking too early and too often about them).

As others have already mentioned, the one ressembles disaster movies like The Day After Tomorrow, the other one Blade Runner. The artworks look good but extremely unoriginal in my opinion. Could be changed completely with original gameplay though (see Bullfrog´s Syndicate: Blade Runner setting, but original gameplay).

Really only Fable II took "ages" to create, and that might be due to the lengthier development times this gen.  Usually Lionhead pumps out a game every year and a half to two years, with a few expansion packs in between.  They used to alternate between B&W, Fable, etc.

I expect a Fable II expansion to hit this year, and one of these games to hit mid to late 2010.

Around the Network

Theres also the fact that they had to create a custom engine for that game, they didn't simply build up from the previous games' engine.

Tease.

im thinking that they will start to release games faster now just look at gearbox,they released there first game(of this gen)last year then they released another game and now they r releasing another game this year people r starting to get used to this generation

The concept art for their prior projects came out good (Fable 2, KZ, etc). So hopefully these games do see the light of day

Black & White: 2001 => B&W 2: 2005
Fable: 2004 => Fable 2: 2008
In beetween The Movies plus add-ons/port of a.m. IPs.

Don´t get me wrong. I´m a big fan of Molyneux´s legendary Bullfrog games and I hope for the fans of his Lionhead games that his team speeds up and extents the company´s library.

im not feeling them.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur