By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Link should start talking in future Zelda titles?

flagstaad said:
Link NO, the rest of the characters YES.

Agreed

Around the Network

hell no

Like others here I don't think I'm in favor of it. I like the whole feel of his silence / same charachter different person/avatar. Giving him a voice would ruin that for me. BUT! I do say they need to get a different voice actor for the various sounds he makes.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Or make them speak that crazy Star Fox Adventures language (before the translator started working). That was really well done. I mean it.

hou about an occasional "Hey! Steve!"

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

I'd say no. This would be like when Tom and Jerry decided to become friends and to start wearing bow ties.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

No thanks, keep him silent. Like someone before me said, why try to fix something that's not broken? I've never had a problem with Link (or Samus) not speaking. My imagination works just fine.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

It would be interesting if they did that. I mean it took a while in final fantasy but they eventually made the transition with no issues.
Personally I wouldn't have a problem with Link talking.

I understand that it would be unusual for people that have played Zelda for years but for the new generation of gamers it won't be an issue.

So to answer your question I think Link will eventually start talking and I think it would be a good thing as long as the script and voice acting is decent.

I just finished playing half-life 2 again, and I have to say: I love the silent protagonist.

It's a thing that doesn't always work (ie: for some reason it would be silly in something like Dead Rising or No More Heroes), but there are times where I really want to be immersed and pretend I'm the character.

Zelda games are one of those times. I usually even give Link my name (which I'm sure if blasphemy too).

I also wish Mario had never started talking. It just doesn't match up to how I imagined him talking. I always thought he had a Brooklyn accent. Oh SMB3 cartoon! How I miss your Milli Vanilli ways!

No no NO.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3