By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What exactly are Nintendo doing right now? Dev teams analysis + Predictions

I've updated a few things and I'll continue to do so..

I just would like to take this opportunity to make a prediction that I really hope Nintendo proves me wrong with..

This is copied and pasted from a wall post I made last night:

"Yes well that's one of those leap of faith predictions lol but if you would allow me to explain myself..

Firstly your standard console Zelda game takes 3 years to develop. I expect the next one to be a major shift in what Zelda has been up until now. It'll be more accessible much like Mario Kart Wii but the fact is it'll have many new ideas.

If you read my other thoughts, I also stated that I believe Nintendo likes to hold games back for strategic reasons. So even if it could be ready for the holidays this year, I don't think it'll be released as it seems to be a strong year and I think Nintendo will suprise us with other games.

A Four Swords Adventure game would take half the time to make with a much smaller team. Phantom Hourglass came out 6 months after Twilight Princess so both games were being developed at the same time which is what I think is happening right now.

So my prediction is: Nintendo will decide to hold Zelda off til next year by diverting resources to the portable game so that it gets finished this year and Zelda Wii doesn't."

So there you go.. I think it's a very real possibility that we'll get a spin off this year and a major installment next year.

Around the Network

I've updated to include a possible 2010 and 2011 line up:

• EAD1 - Starfox?
  • EAD2 - Wii Series Title?
  • EAD3 - The Legend of Zelda Wii
  • EAD4 - New Super Mario Bros. 2?
  • Brownie Brown - DSi RPG
  • Intelligent Systems - Super Paper Mario 2
  • Monolith Soft - Soma Bringer 2
  • Monolith Soft - Wii RPG
  • NST - Unannounced Wii title
  • Retro Studios - Unannounced Wii title
  • Artoon - Unannounced Platformer Title
  • Creatures Inc. - Unannounced Pokemon Ranger Title
  • Game Freak - Pokemon Dusk Silver
  • Game Freak - Pokemon Dawn Gold
  • HAL Laboratory - Unnanounced Kirby DSi title

• EAD2 - Unannounced DS2 title
  • EAD4 - Unannounced DS2 title
  • EAD5 - Wii Series Title
  • EAD Tokyo - Super Mario Galaxy 2? (if not out in 2010)
  • Intelligent Systems - Unannounced Advance Wars Title DS2
  • Intelligent Systems - Unannounced WarioWare Title DS2
  • Project SORA - Unannounced Wii title
  • Retro Studios - Unannounced Title
  • HAL Laboratory - Unannounced DS2 Title
  • Next Level Games - Unannounced Wii title

Please point out any errors or ommisions in the OP that I can fix, thanks :)

seems pretty much in line with my expectations

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I hope there is a Zelda game for the Wii coming out by the end of the year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WII is the FUTURE GAMING!

without going into too much of a rant.

ANY good quality game would be greatly appreciated now.

Around the Network

intresting. great effort it will be great to see how things work out.

Very curious about what HAL Laboratories is up to. Hopefully it's the Kirby Wii we've seen from long ago (when it was Kirby GC)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Looking at the list again.. I can actually see EAD1 releasing a DSi title for the upcoming holidays.. That would mean no Starfox unless the EAD2 'Wii Series Team' are working on it alongside Wii Sports Resort as they are quite a large team.

Hopefully a bit more becomes clear after E3 this year..

nintendo sure suck at enhancing talent. They have really amazing people at camelot but they're wasting them on new play control games.

Twilightman on Gametrailers

What? No surfergirl rumors?