By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japanese First Day Sales (FF:CC = Meh)

First day numbers. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates does mediocre numbers, while Sengoku Mousou 2 SE does very well for an expanded version. DS FFCC RoF: 120K PS2 Sengoku Musou 2 Mushouden: 100K Gyakuten Saiban 3: 30K DS Hayate - 15k PSP Dragoneer Aria - 10k DS Bikkuri-man - 3k

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

FFCC isn't that good is it? Wasn't the retail orders something like 400k or am I mixing up that with another game?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

it was robjoh, that's why these numbers seem strange..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Argh... for some reason I thought this is FFVII: Crisis Core for PSP. It would be huge disappointment.

Pretty low for FFCC. I think it's a very good game.

Around the Network

Yes, preorders were around 400,000.

First day sales for the Gamecube version were similar, which is why the number seems so low. A new Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles game for the 18-m selling DS should of sold out the 400k near first day, but didn't.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Yeah. It's really low as for Square production and huge userbase of DS. I'm sure CC:FFVII will sell more on day one than this game in month. Another (after DQ:S) not so impressive start of big title of Square lineup.

Someone explain to me why 120k 1st-day is a BAD result. It has a good chance of selling through the week/weekend, and racking up 250k week#1 sales. Not bad if you ask me.

(reading the thread title, thought it was 20k or something!)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

There are also sooooo many good RPG's for DS. GCN didn't have anything comparable to the DS lineup. So many good RPG's. I swear, DS is the system to own for RPG's, I clocked in 23 hours this week on DS RPG's. It's a lot of competition.

EDIT: Oh, and to the Japanese gamer waiting for DQIX, this may not live up to their expectations. 

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

My reaction was "120k low, wtf???", but I suppose it's pretty low for a S-E game on the DS.

Then again even Kingdom Hearts sold relatively bad in Japan. Guess they just don't like FF spinoffs? =/