By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is It Time For MS To Eat Crow....

And supply a add on BR player for its customers.
I mean after all Sony won the format war in the end.
I also think it could harm 360 sales long term.

Also with its user base of nearly 30 mil Sony would be happy enough to take the royalties.
Anyone else feel the same?

Around the Network

I thought MS has already said they were going for streaming + downloads?

yes but realisticly how long is that going to take.

They're already doing it.

Time for reask to eat crow.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Downloads will not take off for atleast another 5 years. Most people's internets are not nearly as fast to make it practical.

That 'streaming and downloads' bull is just MS trying to hide the fact they lost the format war.

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
They're already doing it.

Time for reask to eat crow.

you mean netflix I take it.

Not available in Europe.

look i just feel the vast majority go down to there local video store and browse.

so you have your HD TV nd it would be nice to have a choice.

Also it might be a good earner for them.

X-Play just had an interview with Aaron Greenburg and he said there will be no blu-ray add on and that their focusing on Streaming + downloads threw xbox live

it's nice option for 360 owners to have(hence an add-on)
but MS gaming division seems very hostile to the idea.it wouldn't surprise me that even the next XBOX wouldn't have any blu-ray player(they might do like what nintendo does)

kowenicki said:

nope.. that would be stupid... it isnt required.

oh and sony?  royalties?  what are you on about?  they are just one of many many compnaies (including microsoft) that would pick up royalties from blu ray sales...

I was under the impression Sony owned the rights?

reask said:
kowenicki said:

nope.. that would be stupid... it isnt required.

oh and sony?  royalties?  what are you on about?  they are just one of many many compnaies (including microsoft) that would pick up royalties from blu ray sales...

I was under the impression Sony owned the rights?

No, sony is one of numerous companies that have rights. They get but a fraction of the money from blu-ray. And why should they eat crow because of blu-ray again? I don't understand, it runs on DVDs and streaming media. Should PS3 and 360 eat crow and ad Itunes support? I mean Itunes is kicking CDs ass nowadays.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.