By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Consoles are this eras PCs

To state what I said about Indie and niche games, is that they don't drive the industry, and make a difference in sales, and what platform people buy or do their gaming on. Due to the lack of marketing they get, they end up not being relevant to the discussion of the future of a platform.

What I do know is that a title like MGS4 couldn't exist as an indie project, because the production budget would be too large for an indie developer to be able to do it.

Anyone here care to point out an Indie project (or niche game) that is in the top 10 of all-time in total game sales or is considered a flagship product on a console? Closest thing that MIGHT qualify is Geometry Wars. Be curious to see anyone who would consider its maker to be an Indie developer though.

As far as Sins of a Solar Empire, it wouldn't do nearly what it did, if it didn't have Stardock getting it into retail stores and marketing it to some degree. Want proof of this shio? Do you care to tell the world all about the Dominions series of games and why everyone should buy it? If you can't do this, you will only prove my point. Well, if you can't explain what the heck it is. I am not going to ask you to defend it if you don't care about it.

If you aren't able to do this, how about you talk about King of Dragon Pass?

If not either of these, how about the PC game Stars?

Around the Network

WoW Gold | World of Warcraft Gold | WoW Power Leveling | Cheap WoW Gold | Cheapest WoW Gold | Buy Cheap WoW Gold | Lineage 2 Adena | Lineage 2 Power Leveling | Lineage 2 Accounts | Lineage 2 CD Key | Warhammer gold | Warhammer Online gold | Warhammer Power leveling | Warhammer Online Power Leveling | Warhammer CD Key | Warhammer Online CD Key | Aion gold | Aion Power Leveling | Aion CD Key | Aion Accounts | Age of Conan gold | AoC gold | Age of Conan Power Leveling | Age of Conan Leveling | Age of Conan CD Key | AoC CD Key | LoTRO Gold | LoTRO Power Leveling | LoTRO CD Key | Lord of the Rings Gold | Lord of the Rings CD Key | LoTRO Accounts | Chronicles of Spellborn Gold | Chronicles of Spellborn Power Leveling | Chronicles of Spellborn CD key | atlantica online gold | atlantica gold | atlantica power leveling | atlantica online power leveling | atlantica cd key | atlantica accounts | darkfall gold | darkfall accounts | darkfall power leveling | darkfall cd key | silkroad gold | silkroad online gold | silkroad power leveling | runes of magic gold | runes of magic power leveling | runes of magic accounts | Maple Story Mesos | Maple Story Power Leveling | EVE ISK | EVE Online ISK | EVE Power Leveling | EVE CD Key | EVE Online CD Key | EverQuest II Platinum | EverQuest 2 Platinum | EQ2 Gold | EverQuest 2 Power Leveling | EQ2 Power Leveling | EverQuest 2 CD Key | EverQuest II CD Key | EQ2 CD Key | EverQuest II Accounts | EQ2 Accounts | EverQuest 2 Accounts | FFXI Gil | FFXI Online Gil | Final Fantasy XI Gil | FFXI Power Leveling | Final Fantasy XI Power Leveling | FFXI CD Key | Final Fantasy XI CD Key

wow gold | wow power leveling | cheap wow gold | buy wow gold | world of warcraft gold | EVE ISK | EVE Power Leveling | EVE CD Key | silkroad gold | silkroad power leveling | Final Fantasy XI Gil | FFXI Gil | FFXI Power Leveling | Final Fantasy XI Power Leveling | FFXI CD Key | Final Fantasy XI CD Key | runes of magic gold | runes of magic accounts | runes of magic power leveling | runes of magic cd key | EverQuest 2 Platinum | EverQuest 2 Gold | EQ2 Gold | EverQuest 2 Power Leveling | EverQuest 2 CD Key | EverQuest 2 Accounts

"Check my previous post to see what we're talking about. As I said, richardhutnik believes that indie and niche games should be ignored because they don't have enough mainstream appeal/marketing."

Do you know the difference between "should be" and "is"?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

PC gaming is always superior to consoles. Can you do a paper on a console, a spreadsheet, or manage a website for a company? No.

You have a funny definition of "gaming".

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I think we got this all bassackwards! PCs are becoming the consoles of this generation if the PC just acts as the front end to an internet server. Since consoles are all about local play and Peer to peer internet play they are more the PC and the PC is more a the console of this generation as they use servers.

Tease.

I don't know anything anymore. But this is the internet so I will have to fake it.

Tease.

PC gaming and console gaming are both awesome.

No genre is exclusive to PCs or consoles.

PC gaming will pretty much always be better thanks to the wonderful keyboard and mouse. No other control setup comes close.

So I have yet to see someone answer one of my first and biggest claims:

"I fully agree. I laugh when the HD people say the wii sucks because of inferior graphics, shitty multiplayer, and simple games. When the HD consoles, when compared to the PC, have shitty graphics, HORRENDOUS online, and simple games.

The HD consoles also forgot why consoles are around anyhow, drop your disk in and play, which the Wii does. Right now HD systems already have to deal with installs, hardware failures, patches, rushed games, and buggy games. All reasons why a normal console was better than the PC to begin with."

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Console gaming had been truly "plug and play" without headaches. Eventhough it has gotten to be more like PCs, with what is going on, at least the platform is stable. A patch should work across all systems the game is released on.

Yes, there is a bit of the "Mac" factor here. Easy to use, with less problems.