By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fitness Expert Launches Lawsuit against Nintendo

Fitness expert launches lawsuit against Nintendo's anti-fitness "brainwashing"

By Nadia Oxford

Nintendo has made a very healthy enemy. Michael Torchia, the host of the radio talk show “Shape Up, America,” is preparing a class action lawsuit against Nintendo for leading the public to believe the Wii is a viable source of exercise. Torchia, a health and fitness expert with 30 years of experience, is worried that adults and children are being “brainwashed' into believing the Wii can be used to safely fight obesity.

From Newsblaze.com:

”Nintendo is contributing to the epidemic of obesity. Young and old are putting away their gym clothes and shying away from going outdoors to play sports, because the addictive appeal to the Wii game products. Just as the tobacco companies created such a false image of their products and hid the potential dangers, so is Nintendo."

Torchia's website, operationfitness.com, also features statistics from people who have hurt themselves while playing Wii games, normally due to a lack of warm-up exercise.

"Not only are people getting injured due to a lack of instruction, they are also developing improper stroke patterns from long term use of the sports games which can potentially effect their ability to excel in those specific activities later in life.”

The class action suit aims to demand that Nintendo pull its products from store shelves until customers are better warned about the ill effects of Wii games.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Sad.

That's pathetic...

really sad, just wow

wasn't this posted earlier but was about a doctor or something saying how it is hurting people. seems like some of same quotes.

either way what got his panties in a bunch, is he loosing his clients cause of a machine. And I have played some Wiifit on my parents and pretty sure it tells you to stretch and what not before hand to warm up. sure you can skip and jump right to the hardest workouts, but you can do that same damn thing in the gym. I can go and throw 300 lbs on the bench and try and lift it without a partner, and boom i'm injured. I could go outside and start running sprints up a hill without stretching ect. this is just pathetic.

Around the Network

Nintendo never said that the wii could make anyone healthier.
so this guy already fails.

I hope next week there is an article about the young girl who was able to walk because of the Wii walking over to this guy and kicking him in the balls.

An article about this was already posted.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=60144&page=1

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

A funny guy indeed

Anyone dumb enough to think you can lose weight playing the Wii deserves to be fat.