By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War: 10 year plan, Prequel, & Lightsabers

NYCC 09: Gears has 'ten-year plan', prequel possible

This weekend, during a NYCC held panel on Gears of War, Gears 2 lead writer Joshua Ortega let slip information on plans to extend the Gears franchise ten years, which may result in an Emergence Day prequel.

"You will not be disappointed in the next ten years," revealed Ortega when answering a panel question that asked about a future Gears project being a prequel. "It's a ten-year plan. Gears is long-term. The lancer is the new lightsaber." You know, just replace the glow of the saber with a chainsaw and a few bullets, and you have one accurate analogy.

While Ortega didn't flat out confirm a Marcus Fenix prequel, his talk of a ten year life cycle makes it all too possible that Gears' storyline would (eventually) have to go into prequel territory. And is it just us, or lately, has talking up ten year life cycles been all the rage?

[Via GamePro]

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Wow they are really going to milk the series all they can lol good games though just hope that continues

play as his father then?

What's with the ten year plan? Does it become the standard for everything video game related?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

I'd love a prequel set during the Pendulum Wars...and that's probably what they're going to make.

Around the Network

Doesn't sound too bad!

(Actually it sounds pretty good)

P.P.S hmm I wonder if they will change the gameplay modes to 1st person in the prequel or keep it the same, so they can release every other year and absolutely whore the franchise out like COD.

Tease.

Ten year plan?

Microsoft copies Sony confirmed!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Gears 3 as an Xbox 720 launch title confirmed?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

both game talk about the pendulum wars so yeah there will be a game about that eventually..

that would mean around 5 or more games. Isn't that too much?