By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video Game Franchises that Need to Die!

For me FF died with FF10- it was the worse sin of all- it was BORING. Sonic can be ressurected but if I read your statement correctly a.l.e.x.59, you're saying that Sonic came out on the Master System? I do belive Sonic was a 16 bit creation that came out on the Genesis. To my knowledge it was never reverse ported to the Master System. Still, I agree with most of your listing except sports games. Living in a highly competitive family playing Madden- and smack talking while doing so- is part of the charm of the game. nothing beats taking your favorite team and crushing your loudmouthed, know-it-all brother's team with a team he hates. Electronic revenge is sweet!

Around the Network
Zevious said:
For me FF died with FF10- it was the worse sin of all- it was BORING. Sonic can be ressurected but if I read your statement correctly a.l.e.x.59, you're saying that Sonic came out on the Master System? I do belive Sonic was a 16 bit creation that came out on the Genesis. To my knowledge it was never reverse ported to the Master System. Still, I agree with most of your listing except sports games. Living in a highly competitive family playing Madden- and smack talking while doing so- is part of the charm of the game. nothing beats taking your favorite team and crushing your loudmouthed, know-it-all brother's team with a team he hates. Electronic revenge is sweet!

FF 10 had a very bad combat system, very boring, but i would say they did rather well on the story, its the only reason i played and finished the game.

Lately the games of final fantasy have had either a good combat system (ff 12 kind of was something new i didnt like it that much but was something new) and a bad story (i didnt feel for the characters at all and the story was just meh) Or good story bad gameplay (ff x)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Yes, end some of the greatest and most legendary game series of all time. This is why you are the president of EA.

Lost tears of Kain said:
i stopped agreeing when you said final fantasy, while it is going down the toliet at the moment, it can come back to its glory days of 6 and 7, they just need the magic touch of.... sakaguchi!

BUt i also agree with you on quite a few, except the sports thing?

I agree with
all the top besides starfox (maybe), ff, donkey kong, and maybe pokemon(need something new!)
And i completely agree with gaming movies, either they need to be done RIGHT and be made into a decent game, or just thrown out the window

You just made me change my mind. Final Fantasy should continue for a little while longer. In fact, I wouldn't mind if any dieing franchise got a revival, but if the franchise just keeps getting worse, than that's when it should end. As for the sports games, I personally just can't stand them. I just can't.

Rhonin the wizard said:
If you don't like the new games, don't play them. Personally, I still enjoy the Pokemon games.

Just because I don't play some of the newer games does not mean that I cannot make a post about them.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
This thread is made of WHINE and FAIL and I do not like it.

I don't like it either.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
If you don't like the new games, don't play them. Personally, I still enjoy the Pokemon games.

Just because I don't play some of the newer games does not mean that I cannot make a post about them.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that if you don't like the new games you don't have to play them.

YfzinJay said:
The more games the better.....

Incorrect. Sometimes no more games are better than more bad games. Bad games just dilute the power of a franchise, while no more games do not. If Sonic ended with the Sega Dreamcast, he would be a much bigger legend than if he ended right now. Also, if they made fewer games, those games would be better, individually, than if they made more games, because more time would have been put into the fewer games.

BenKenobi88 said:
I guessed the first franchise listed would be Bandicoot, then Sonic...I got them mixed up, but I predicted well anyway. Must every thread you make be about these games?

Not all, just lots. Even so, they might be similar, but they are all truly different.

I still dont get why people dont like FFX and FFXII.. those games are great...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453