By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Outside media using VGChartz for "Wii has passed 360"

If anyone finds any other articles, post them here please! http://aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=16365 ---------------------------------------- "August 23, 2007 - They may not be official figures, but the data regularly released by Vgchartz is about as close as it gets. The independent tracker has announced today that lifetime sales of Nintendo's Wii have finally overtaken those of Microsoft's Xbox 360. Based on sample data from a carefully selected group of retailers from all over the world, Vgchartz has indicated that the Wii managed to outsell the Xbox 360 by a margin of 2.3 : 1 worldwide on average every week since its release, selling at an even faster rate than the most successful console ever created, Sony's Playstation 2, despite still being sold out in most major markets. This reversal of roles also marks the first time that a company has been market leader in both the home console and handheld markets since Nintendo led the way with its Super Nintendo and Game Boy." ---------------------------------------- This warmed my heart :) The first comment stated that he "didn't believe the sales", and got shot down instantly. People - we are in :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

You should check this out: http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=130468

Also, your "and its believed!" part make it look that it was a joke or something   

Proof that hard work pays off, congratz to ioi and all the folks involved in the numbers collection / processing / calculation. You are finally getting some well deserved recognition.

To Each Man, Responsibility
fazz said:

You should check this out: http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=130468

Also, your "and its believed!" part make it look that it was a joke or something

A lot of people think it is :P

But not for long... 

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Just go to google news and search 'Wii'. There are 5-10 right there.

Around the Network

On the first page of the gamepro link there is only one comment about the validity of VGChartz...

"I am not sure how accurate VGchartz.com really is. I mean, the 360 has been stuck at 10 million for a really long time now."

Not too bad, especially considering he is probably unaware of the difference in MS numbers and VGChartz numbers. Even then it isn't a rabid denial which is much better than digg responses.

To Each Man, Responsibility
shams said:
This warmed my heart :) The first comment stated that he "didn't believe the sales", and got shot down instantly. People - we are in :)

Take a look at who 'shot it down' :P

And, lol, i also read the "and its believed" part of the title as "i can't believe people are falling for it"

Sqrl said:
On the first page of the gamepro link there is only one comment about the validity of VGChartz...

"I am not sure how accurate VGchartz.com really is. I mean, the 360 has been stuck at 10 million for a really long time now."

Not too bad, especially considering he is probably unaware of the difference in MS numbers and VGChartz numbers. Even then it isn't a rabid denial which is much better than digg responses.

It could just be that he thinks the 360 is doing better than it really is and expected to see it's numbers actually go up faster than a snail's pace.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
tabsina said:
shams said:
This warmed my heart :) The first comment stated that he "didn't believe the sales", and got shot down instantly. People - we are in :)

And, lol, i also read the "and its believed" part of the title as "i can't believe people are falling for it"

Doh, definitely not my intention :(

I tried to use a longer title, but ran out of characters... 

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

tabsina said:
shams said:

Nice, just noticed. Nothing like informing people... :)

(BTW - control key shortcuts for bold, italic - etc - still work ;). 

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website